Home

Philosophies

This is a discussion on Philosophies within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

OVR: 4
Philosophies

Hey guys I am playing as a created coach for Tampa Bay. I want to be a pretty balance team maybe leaning towards the run on offense. Sort of like the steelers style now. Run first, but have a stud quarterback. I do not know what to make my philosophies. I wanted a power running back and then a speed back as a back up. However I do not see a philosophy for that. If i set it to power back then my back up will suck and vice versa. So can you please help me with the philosophies? Thanks in advanced
NBA: Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Philosophies

hmm.. ok some tips

1. playbook matters most.. when you choose your playbook, pay close attention to pass/run play breakdown... ie: don't pick mike martz' 100+ pass to 22 run...

2. when you make your team.. go first to TEAM PHILOSOPHY and under the PLAYCALL tab, change it to a Power Run Scheme

3. For the PRESEASON.. ignore practicing any kind of pass play.. only do run plays.. preseason sets your teams' identity so if you want them to run.. use the preseason to establish it
Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

There is no way to do that unfortunatly, you will just need to bring in a fast RB to backup your starter and ignore the rating I guess. Im not sure if it effects their on field performance but I know that you cant specify a different philosophy for your backup as opposed to your starter.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

What do you think my individual philosophies should be? I do not want to totally ignore the passing game ya know. In madden terms kind of like a 55% run to 45% pass kind of deal.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

I dont think the players overall rating will effect thier performance on the field very much. In other words, if you brought in a speed back as your backup, they might have a lower overall rating, but thier actual attributes (speed, awareness, etc) wont change. The overall is just a reflection of how well that player fits into your system. I think people might get too hung up on overall ratings with this game. You shouldnt be changing your team's philosophy to raise your players ratings, you should be changing personnel to better fit your philosophy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 01:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am still trying to figure out which play style does what. I have a qood running QB, and a solid set of receivers and RB, so I thought the spread offense would be good. It was ok, then I tried West Coast and later Heavy Running.
I saw a definite change in the different settings, I had much more running stats on West Coast and Heavy Running but my QB never seemed to go break out for a run on his own beyond 2-3 times a game.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

Yeah I could careless about the guys on my team now...I am going to rebuild the whole team. What is the difference between the different quarterback philosophies? Whats field general and tools quarterback?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »