Home

What's your Preseason Promise..?

This is a discussion on What's your Preseason Promise..? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
What's your Preseason Promise..?

so a question to everyone.. what's your preseason promise..?

here's something interesting... for every single career i've made and been playing out.. I usually go with the norm since i'm on the hot seat and just starting out..
"Finish above .500"

is what i choose almost all the time..

except with my current for fun 'chise the 49ers..

this time because I was feeling good about the talent (lol) i promised to Make The Playoffs..

the reason i ask is all my other 'chises ive got winning teams and really.. i'm STRUGGLING with the 49ers.. i'm talking serious struggle.. maybe it's cuz their defensive line is non-existent and the roster isn't as talented as I thought but holy crap..

right now i don't think i'll even finish above .500 the way the games are going

so made me wonder if preseason promise affected difficulty level?

anyhows, what do you normally choose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What's your Preseason Promise..?

I am coaching the Chiefs and I promised to be above .500 the first season, I this second season I think I can get to the playoffs, now that I've got players that fit my system.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

see, you also chose to pick finish above .500

which is what I'm betting almost everyone did

and guess what... the game was easy! all these winning records/playoffs/superbowls.. I seen it too with my other 'chises

if you take a look at my 49ers franchise right now in my sig..

holy crap I am struggling bigtime and cannot for the life of me figure out how/why.. maybe it is because of the talent and experience level of my VERY young team.. who knows

but one thing i noticed i did differently..

my Preseason Promise = make the playoffs

...as it stands right now.. i'm pretty much to be able to keep the promise and actually wondering if i'll even finish above .500

:X curious, no?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I am doing a career with the Falcons. I chose to finish above .500, which is not looking good from the start. I am 0-3 so far in the regular season.

Just lost a heartbreaker to the Chiefs. I had managed to take the lead with about 1:30 left and they got a miracle 80 yard TD pass on their first play, untouched, to win the game. Grrr. Also having Brohm injured and Ken Dorsey starting (I was desperate for a backup QB, I screwed up some in the offseason) did not help and total the team had 7 turnovers, two were fumbles returned for TDs.

That being said, I am not noticing my choice of relatively easy promise to be providing any benefit other than I don't stand to lose too much approval when I fail to complete it.

Strange thing is, my approval is over 80 right now even being 0-3. Will be interesting to see how that changes over the season.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
I am doing a career with the Falcons. I chose to finish above .500, which is not looking good from the start. I am 0-3 so far in the regular season.

Just lost a heartbreaker to the Chiefs. I had managed to take the lead with about 1:30 left and they got a miracle 80 yard TD pass on their first play, untouched, to win the game. Grrr. Also having Brohm injured and Ken Dorsey starting (I was desperate for a backup QB, I screwed up some in the offseason) did not help and total the team had 7 turnovers, two were fumbles returned for TDs.

That being said, I am not noticing my choice of relatively easy promise to be providing any benefit other than I don't stand to lose too much approval when I fail to complete it.

Strange thing is, my approval is over 80 right now even being 0-3. Will be interesting to see how that changes over the season.
In my career Dorsey almost won a QB competition until Brohm had a lights out game the last pre-season game. Dorsey's rated an 82 in my system, Brohm bumped up to 84 after the really good game. Dorsey can be good in certain systems apparently, you just have to be conservative and run alot of short, quick passes. (Which I do, incessantly because of the speed of my receivers)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

I think in my system Dorsey is rated just below an 80. However he seems to have issues with decision making. Even when he is given time in the pocket he throws to covered receivers or he just can't make a decision and gets sacked. He has some good plays but overall I can't wait for Brohm to get back from his injury (1-4 weeks).
Old 08-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriddle
so a question to everyone.. what's your preseason promise..?

here's something interesting... for every single career i've made and been playing out.. I usually go with the norm since i'm on the hot seat and just starting out..
"Finish above .500"

is what i choose almost all the time..

except with my current for fun 'chise the 49ers..

this time because I was feeling good about the talent (lol) i promised to Make The Playoffs..

the reason i ask is all my other 'chises ive got winning teams and really.. i'm STRUGGLING with the 49ers.. i'm talking serious struggle.. maybe it's cuz their defensive line is non-existent and the roster isn't as talented as I thought but holy crap..

right now i don't think i'll even finish above .500 the way the games are going

so made me wonder if preseason promise affected difficulty level?

anyhows, what do you normally choose?
It's interesting that you are struggling with the 49ers since a few of the guys who are having problems with an insanely effective passing offense are using the 49ers as well.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Dorsey is at the bottom of the FA QB list in my game. Rated like a 68 or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »