Home

Josh can you do a feature breakdown of "special skills"

This is a discussion on Josh can you do a feature breakdown of "special skills" within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Josh can you do a feature breakdown of "special skills"

Devs - Can you eleborate on how much "Coach Skills" impact player ratings?

This game places a great deal of emphasis on the abilities of each teams coaching staff, with that being the case, the player ratings that we see on the roster screen are not a completely accurate depiction of how well the players will perform on gameday.

Which brings me to my question, how much of a + modifier do coaching skills have on individual player ratings? Here is an example of my question:

My QB Jamarcus Russell has an awarenes rating of 79, but my HeadCoach has acquired two special coach skills called "QB Readiness" (which by definition increases QB awareness) and "Improved QB Reads" (which by definition increases the QB's chance of finding the right reciever).

With my HeadCoach having those two skills, my QB must have a higher awareness rating than what is listed on the roster screen; unless ratings are increased in real-time every time we develope our coaching staff (which doesn't appear to be the case). So what is my QB's "true" awareness rating after factoring in my coaching skills?

As a follow-up question, is there any way to scout the opposing teams coaches?

Any insight would be appreciated...thanks.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »