Home

I can run, I can run...wooohooooo =p:)

This is a discussion on I can run, I can run...wooohooooo =p:) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I can run, I can run...wooohooooo =p:)

I will preface this by saying so far I have had more running success in one game than I did in 2 seasons. What I mean is, my O-Line opens holes and my running back hits them.

I restarted my Dolphins franchise with a created coach *Ally. I bought the 20,000 point discount *sorry can't recall the name. I then bought 1 "dose" of qb,rb,wr,ol,dl,db, and lb if i remember right.

Seeing as how my created coach was low on the approval front, I thought for ***** and giggles, for once I would not heed my own advice. I figured I had to win and win this year.

Against my own instincts, I heeded the owners request and secured the +85 linemen he wanted.

So, in free agency I secured RT Jordan Gross..btw wan't he a LT? I picked up Jason Fabini fairly cheap *for an old man=p also.
I also signed a bunch of cheap olinemen. 80ish 25 yrs old...all of them I signed with no signing bonus. Figured they could be trade bait if the do not have high learning skills.

In the draft for the first time, I went hog wild. I traded down to 8 and snagged DT Sedrick Ellis. With the 1 and 2 I got for trading down, I traded back up at pick 12 and grabbed LT Jake Long.

At pick 17 I traded up and grabbed LG Brandon Albert. In the second round and beyond I picked up WR Duece Early, CB Patrick Lee, etc etc. There were more, but the focus was on the O-line.

I wound up selling next years draft, as I literaly do not have but a seventh round pick. But heck in my Bucs Franchise, I am approaching the 3rd year draft *with Boar Jackson, and I have....19 draft picks from 2 years of trading down.

For once I'm gonna see how the unfrugal live=p

My O-line is:
LT - J. Long
LG - B.Albert
C - S. Satele
RG - J. Fabini
RT - J. Gross

In practice before the first preseason game, I trained only Long, Albert and Ellis for all practices.

Result?

First preason game against the mighty Bucs defense, R.Brown has 26 carries for 134 yards a 5.1 ypc avg amd 1 TD. In the first half.

I know I know, and you guys will be right to say "One game doesn't prove anything" Very true. But for the first time playing HC I like my chances with the running game=)

Will I be in salary cap trouble in a year or two? Yep, pretty sure I will be. Will the owner fire me for "mortgaging the future"? Possibly.

But it will be fun to see how it plays out, and for once...I can pound the rock.

Maybe running the ball in HC isn't predicated on sliders. Maybe it just takes truckloads of money=P

Peace=)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »