Home

I need a response on this from EA please

This is a discussion on I need a response on this from EA please within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I need a response on this from EA please

This game is busted and busted in a bad way. I know a patch is coming out soon but for the love of God, can we get a rush on it. I paid extra for the CE Madden so I could get HC09 and I feel as if I wasted the extra $30 cause I am beta-testing the game for EA.

I have played a couple of careers and there are a few things that are standard in each career and the game as a whole.

1) The Play Creator is a joke at best. U hardly have any options in it compared to what the Prima guide shows we should have. Also, i think it's kinda crappy we have a season goal of adding 10 plays when, let's be honest, we know what will happen with the injury bug!

2) The running AI/Fumble issue is a game breaker, hands down. I am using the Fins with a MUCH beefed up OL (Andrews, Long, Scott and Satele just to mention a few) and my running game sucks. Now, before the flames start on "U need to learn to play call better", I am no novice to football. Played several years in Elem., Middle and HS as well as have coached a few years for my sons teams so I have a decent grasp on what to call when. Ronnie Brown, in 7 games last year, had 119 attempts for 602 yrds with an average per play of 5.1 with .... wait for it... ZERO fumbles. I have played thru 3 pre-season games with the Fins this season and so far he has 8 fumbles in 25 attempts with an average of 1.2 yards per attempt. Something seems very very wrong there

3) Skill point progression is way too slow. on average i get about 800 skill points per win and 500 per lose. Well, that would average out to 10,400 points per season (based on an 8-8 season average) and that means in 15 season, i would acquire about 156,000 points, on average mind you. Now, Tony Dungy, if u add up his skill points based on "skill levels and special skills purchased" is well above 300K points in skills "purchased" in the game. Notice something is a tad off there??? We should be getting an average of no less than 1500 per win and 750 per loss... and that is a minimum in my opinion.

4) What is the deal with the stadium announcers and the team noise?? Sometimes it there, sometimes its not and it only seems to come "on" in the two minute warning. Is this a bug or is it "Working as intended"???

5) Sliders??? Ummm.. hello, can we get an explanation on these. I am pretty sure the User AI sliders are for show and have no use but could we get an explanation on the CPU sliders?

6) My biggest gripe is the players AI. 3rd and 5 and my veteran WR caught the ball and ran three yards and then juked out of bounds when NO ONE was around him. WTH man?!?!?! I had to punt because my WR turned a sure fire 15+ yrd gain into a 3 yrd gain.

Honestly, this is a great concept for a game but incredibly horrible implementation. We are nothing but Beta Testers who got roped into doing the job for EA it seems. We weren't given full features like we were promised and we are being kept in the dark as to when this mysterious patch will be out. It makes me mad i have wasted time and money on a game that is sub-par in it's current state.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I need a response on this from EA please

i'll buy the stand alone when the game is ready with a patch....i made the mistake of buying NCAA before official release and the patch didnt come out til a week ago...even with that patch the game is freezing on me a ton and nothing seems fixed...o well...i will enjoy this game because its a nerdy sports game and thats what i crave and clamor for...it seems great but ea just grinds my gears
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: I need a response on this from EA please

Did the Q&A thread get locked up? No? Then why not post this there?

I know...because people don't like to READ!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »