Home

How can I get the ball more to TE's?

This is a discussion on How can I get the ball more to TE's? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
How can I get the ball more to TE's?

I just finished Season 1 with the Dolphins going 10-6 missing the playoffs because of a tie-breaker.

My stats were

Brian Brohm 4,157 Yards 64% Comp% 28 TD 12 INT
Ronnie Brown 1,042 Yards 3.3 Avg
Earl Campbell 80 Rec 1,185 Yards
Sinorice Moss 77 Rec 1,210 Yards
D.J. Hackett 83 Rec 1,300 Yards
TE's Total 22 Rec 189 Yards

Almost every play I have has at least one TE in a route, is there any way to influence the game to utilize them more?

Last edited by steamboat; 08-30-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: remembered 3rd receiver
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How can I get the ball more to TE's?

I have the opposite issue. My TE's no matter what team I use end up with 100ish receptions and over a 1000 yards every season where as my wide receivers hardly get receptions.

I don't know what to do...still trying to figure out how to win at this game.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

I play as the Bears and TE Greg Olsen is featured prominently for me, due to Rashard Mendenhall pounding the ball up the middle all game, then hitting them with the play-action pass. The QB's in this game, if they're worth their weight, seem to go through the progressions pretty good in this game, so your best bet is to master/call plays where the TE is the first option, if that's what you're trying to do.

If you call a deep route intended for one of your WR's, the TE probably won't get the rock as often as if you call an underneath play, where the TE is the primary receiver.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Pro

I call alot of quick underneath pass plays. Maybe its just my TE's don't get open. L.J. Smith is alright, but he was banged up all year. David Martin is barely stop-gap level. It just seemed that even on plays for tight ends they refuse to throw to them. Or the running backs for that matter. As you can see three WR's had the majority of the yards passing for the team. Extremely happy with them, but I feel we would have done better if it were more balanced.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

My tight ends dominated in the Mike Martz Offense. Now I'm trying out the wishbone offense so I won't be passing as much so I assume it will b different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

my problem is I can't get my QB to throw to the WR, he either throws to the TE or to the HB/FB
Old 08-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
Pro

And what I'd like to figure out, is why are you experiencing that, while I cannot get that to happen at all. Is it my playbook? My personel? When I get home I'll have a more complete list of my players and such.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

all the qb's in this game are different they will use the best player no matter what. one game for the Chiefs Gonzo had 7 catches the next he has 3 it all depends on the situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »