Home

Too many Injurys

This is a discussion on Too many Injurys within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Too many Injurys

You guys are mostly likely correct.......but it is killing me, I guess in a good way. There have been so many times with madden...I could go for years and not have this happen. Guess I needed a good nite sleep....well really didn't sleep because I kept thinking "what I going to do now", who can I trade to get a body. This game keeps me up all nite thinking.

Again, overall a great game.....now, got to run and have a heart to heart talk with that Witch Doctor I call a trainer.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love the injury system, however it is too dependant upon the trainer. The KC Chiefs start with a trainer = 1 overall skill (and you can't change the trainer until after the first season).

Brian Waters: will not make it to the first PREseason game, he is usually injured in the 1st PRACTICE.

Damion McIntosh, Ron Edwards, Glenn Dorsey, Brad Cottam, & Mike Moffitt (Mike Merritt): will be injured in preaseason (usually season ending).

Brandon Albert, DeJuan Morgan, Jamaal Charles, Larry Johnson, & Demorrio Williams: will be injured before the bye week. (Morgan usually has season ending Lis Franc Foot, the rest will usually miss 3 - 7 games.)

All those injuries, PLUS the other various injuries that occur.

When playing the Chiefs, any vetran player with an individual injury 80 or below often will not make it through 1 quarter of play (if they make it through practice)

Cancelling every 3rd practice helps, but the players listed above are pretty much guarenteed to be injured. The first time I played I didn't cancel practices and I had 16 players on IR!!! I wasn't cancelling practice to give the new FA's playbook knowledge - which only compounded the problem.

I restarted 10 times to see what would happen. Brian Waters, 3 times injured in the first practice, 2 times in the second practice. A 50% chance that he's injured by day 2 of camp is absolutely nuts. Only 1 of those 10 times did he make it to the first game, and then was injured on the first play (no joke).

After the first season, when I get a new trainer, then I love the injury system. But before then, I wholeheartedly agree that there are waaaaay too many injuries. A little tuning to the trainers would fix that.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto07
I love the injury system, however it is too dependant upon the trainer.
QFT!!!

Josh has said in other threads that they designed it this way to make it important to have a good staff...just like the field goal issue, its important to have a GOOD kicker. That fine but I get to get a kicker BEFORE the season starts!!!

With a horrible trainer I am stuck through at LEAST 20 games and all the damage he can cause. Give us a chance to hire our OWN staff...I mean, can't the coach do that? Doesn't he usually bring in his own 'guys' when he takes a job? Or at least he can right?

Start the first season with a staff hiring phase and BINGO...problem solved!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »