Home

Another Draft Another Dollar.

This is a discussion on Another Draft Another Dollar. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Another Draft Another Dollar.

Well, the Texans finished their season 10-6, and 1-1 in the playoffs. Offseason is here again and we have the 27th pick. Texans only have their 1st / 4th / 6th / 7th picks for 2009. Since that is the case i've been scouting lower rated players trying to find some good talent at the bottom of the barrel. I came up with a few. I released some dead weight and injury prone players like "LT: J. Black" who is still out for 3 months with his injury.

Most of my core players are still on the team. I have $17M in cap space. Traded HB: J. Jones to Seattle for their 2010 6th & 7th round picks. I will be looking for a LT / QB / DT / LOLB / ROLB / DT. My first 2 picks will be QB & LT. The rest will fill in as back-ups.

My game plan is to trade down from #27 in the first round to #40 in the 2nd round. I found a QB i like to take and groom him for 2 years. I'm also trying to pick up more late picks, maybe a 3rd or another 4th. There is a LT / RT / DT i have targeted for the late rounds.

Well i have to run, the draft is starting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Another Draft Another Dollar.

im curious about pick the pick. do you actually pick that teams pick or is it some sort of mini game?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
im curious about pick the pick. do you actually pick that teams pick or is it some sort of mini game?
it's just that, a mini-game
Old 08-31-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

what are the risks/rewards of playing the "pick the pick" mini game... i heard u get some player info out of it but i havent been able to find any info in the guide or on the boards
Old 08-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Mafia
what are the risks/rewards of playing the "pick the pick" mini game... i heard u get some player info out of it but i havent been able to find any info in the guide or on the boards
rewards? not any if at all..

like +1 to your approval rating i think

it's for fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

that kind of blows just for a + 1 rating?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

well its not like u have 2 do it. its if u really wanna get into the draft and see if u can guess who every1 will take.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

A hidden benefit, posted by someone else - I can't take credit for realizing it - is that it will also show you each team's top 3 needs AND the top 10 guys their GM/HC has rated on their board.

Since ratings change based on the individual teams' scouting, those "Top 10" lists SHOULD change from team to team. (I admit, I haven't done a study to see if the same players have different OVR ratings on different teams, but I have seen that their Top 10 lists are different as you go down.)

It's really helpful when you're looking to do what the OP says and trade down to a specific spot to target a player YOU have rated at a certain spot in the draft. When you get within a certain range of where you expect that player to get drafted, you can use "Pick the pick" and see what position needs that team has, and their top rated players.

If you see a team drafting before you needing your target's position and/or see him in their top 10 list, it may be time to offer to trade for their pick so THEY don't snatch him before you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »