Home

In your opinion... What's the worst feature of the game?

This is a discussion on In your opinion... What's the worst feature of the game? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #41
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: In your opinion... What's the worst feature of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynite
I like this feature, it adds an element of haste to it, which to me makes so much sense during the draft since so many split decisions need to be made. If you have all the time in the world it takes the "real world" element out of the transaction
1st I hate the draft trade up-down timer. Setting it at 2 minutes is far from real. At least they could alighn the timer with the amount of time remaining on the pick. if I have 14 minutes and 50 seconds in round 1 or 4 minutes and 50 seconds in round 5 and I'm trading down, I want to use that amount of time left on my pick to review every offer possible or negotiate a package with several teams. I can't even scroll down to review all the offers in 2 minutes let alone negotiate a fair deal with different teams.

2nd The trade offer timer shouldn't even be there at all or should go by the trade deadline as a measurement of time not 2 minutes, that's totally unreralistic. Some teams may take weeks negotiating trade packages. So I think the current Trade timer needs to be removed or have a complete overhaul.

3rd is defining moments. It's current state is poorly implemented right now and needs reworking in a patch. If it was based on true logic and not a "do it or else factor" I'd like it but not the way I get punished for sayng no to going for it. I hate getting punished for not making illogical decisions by going for it on 4th down with 9 minutes to go. Remove the punishment factor and just make it an option to go for it and then take the heat by losing approval if you fail on 4th down or get a reward of a boost in your approval if your decision to go for it works out. Having to be punished for simply declining a defining moment by losing approval points is outright stupid. We should be able to say no without being punished.

4th I really don't care much for the current play learning engine. It's way too limited and not being able to delegate the amount of time each week for practice and learning plays sucks.

Last edited by Frog-Face-Frown; 09-18-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: In your opinion... What's the worst feature of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
I almost forgot 1 last one:

1. The Famous Shoulder Tackle. (Please take this out. Defensive players wrap up and tackle, but in this game a lot of shoulder tackles. I even saw a CB use this to tackle a RB. I hate this animations. These are also the animations that cause the Famous Fumbles in the game.)
I have seen this happen in a real game once. Last year I saw Dunta Robinson do this to a HB in the backfield. that is one time in probably over a hundred games I have watched, which definatly justifies madden, and now head coach making these tackles occur like 30 times a game. Once every hundred or so games, 30 times a game, pretty close to realism right.

Another thing, this happens less in head coach than in madden but still way to much. a QB being tackled before he is able to hand the ball off. I have never seen this in an NFL game, and maybe a couple times in high school games. In head coach it happens ussually once a game. I mean think about it, on most run plays it takes less than a second to hand the ball off and other than some draw plays and trick plays never 2 seconds. Think about what this means that a DT would have to do in ussually less than a second. He would have to read the snap, get out of his stance, beat the olineman, get a yard or so into the backfield, and wrap up the QB to the point where he couldn't reach the ball out and hand it to a back. If and guard or center ever allowed that they would probably be benched on the spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »