Home

Anyone have a Draft Teaser/Preview of 2009, 2010, etc...

This is a discussion on Anyone have a Draft Teaser/Preview of 2009, 2010, etc... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone have a Draft Teaser/Preview of 2009, 2010, etc...

I think Biff Below=Tim Tebow

Darius Pryor=Terrell Pryor

Noah Jevine= Noel Devine

Zazzalli is awesome and was my favorite player until I decide to start a new career with the Eagles and I wanted to try something new so I used the Spread Option and drafted Darius Pryor late in the 1st round. I've played 4 years with the Eagles and Pryor was the MVP 3 straight times begining his rookie season.

His best year he passed for 4,500 yards 44 TD's but also had 1150 yards rushing and 15 TD's on the ground, he took care of the ball too with just 11 INT's and 2 fumbles. I love the QB sweep with him, he runs through and around guys.

Another guy I love is Flash Gorden, because he catches everything, I made a max protect play action roll out that always gets him one-one with a CB and he gets the jump almost everytime. The problem is he missed one game his rookie year and since then he has missed many games which stinks because he is awesome.

I went back to the English class because I wanted to build a dominant defense which is why I also picked the Eagles for Jim Johnson.

My d-line is the greates ever with Xavier Carter, Quincy Sims, Devin Gilbert, and Ravon Hines. My LB'ers are Bosmani, Mack Johnson, and a 90+ OLB in Mike Peterson

My DB's are just as scary with JJ Collins and Will Barkley deep and Riley and Ashmoudga at CB

As a whole every one of my defensive starters is above 90, and my cap is still ok. I am playing all of my games now and teams are lucky to get 10 points and 200 yards against me. It is a blast, on offense I am a one man show with Pryor, he is my run game and my pass game.

This is so completley addictive.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

very very cool Mr. Looman.... i understand that all these players were individually made.... how many of you guys were working on the 20,000+ players?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #19
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Mafia
very very cool Mr. Looman.... i understand that all these players were individually made.... how many of you guys were working on the 20,000+ players?
Donny and I.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #20
MVP

Did you do all of the classes together or did you each take 2?

If so which were yours?

One of the things I truely love about this game is the draft and the draft classes, there is so much depth and realism.

For example if you have a sleeper you are waiting on and you see a good team trade up there's a great chance you just lost him. I lost more than a few guys I really wanted with 90+ potential to the Chargers and the Patriots.

Also there are some bad draft years along with some great ones and the drafts with the great players you will see teams wanting to move up but in the bad ones not so much. I had the 3rd overall pick in the draft with all the LBer's Adams, Bench, Horne, and Brew, I desperately wanted to trade down but at #3 no one wanted to move up I was stuck, so I pick Adams about 7-8 picks too early even though I already had Mack Johnson because he had the highest rating and I didn't want to deal with Horne and his injuries. Overall that wa a terrible draft year. The following year with Armwood, Moe Gordon, and Trese I was picking 2nd and I was able to move down to #5, and then again to #8 and still get Armwood which was the guy I wanted all along. That was awesome, I felt like I pulled off a coup.

That class as a whole was an excellent draft class.

I have high picks because I have my core guys my D-line, Pryor, and Lucas + Gorden and then the year before my other top guys hit FA I trade them, and I am great at guessing which teams will be bad and I am also good at negotiating to get higher picks.
Then when I have top-10 picks I always try and trade down unless there is a guy like Deshonte Armwood.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Did you do all of the classes together or did you each take 2?

If so which were yours?

One of the things I truely love about this game is the draft and the draft classes, there is so much depth and realism.

For example if you have a sleeper you are waiting on and you see a good team trade up there's a great chance you just lost him. I lost more than a few guys I really wanted with 90+ potential to the Chargers and the Patriots.

Also there are some bad draft years along with some great ones and the drafts with the great players you will see teams wanting to move up but in the bad ones not so much. I had the 3rd overall pick in the draft with all the LBer's Adams, Bench, Horne, and Brew, I desperately wanted to trade down but at #3 no one wanted to move up I was stuck, so I pick Adams about 7-8 picks too early even though I already had Mack Johnson because he had the highest rating and I didn't want to deal with Horne and his injuries. Overall that wa a terrible draft year. The following year with Armwood, Moe Gordon, and Trese I was picking 2nd and I was able to move down to #5, and then again to #8 and still get Armwood which was the guy I wanted all along. That was awesome, I felt like I pulled off a coup.

That class as a whole was an excellent draft class.

I have high picks because I have my core guys my D-line, Pryor, and Lucas + Gorden and then the year before my other top guys hit FA I trade them, and I am great at guessing which teams will be bad and I am also good at negotiating to get higher picks.
Then when I have top-10 picks I always try and trade down unless there is a guy like Deshonte Armwood.
We each took two.

Donny's classes were:
  • Maceo Sweetney/Luke Rambis/Kordell Sosa class
  • Mike Zazzali/Kwame Frampton/John Scotland class
My classes were:
  • Josh English/Xavier Cox/Flash Gorden class
  • Jelani Okoye/Ozzie Jones/Boar Jackson class
The great thing about this was that Donny and I knew very little about each other's classes so that we could play with them once the game shipped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #22
MVP

That's funny, my favorite classes are Zazzali and English, was Darius Pryor based off of Terrell Pryor?

My favorite sleeper you put in was JR Myers, he is John Riggins with speed and hands.

Also I'm glad you are able play with the other's draft classes, I actually felt bad for you guys figuring you knew all of spoilers of all of all the draft calsses.

The English class has freak athletes and I love the freaks, although Eshino Okonowa is in Zazzalli and he is as freaky as it gets, where the Zazzalli class is fun with a track star like Bender and the next Reggie White.

If I was your teacher I'd give you guys an A+ on the draft and players.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
That's funny, my favorite classes are Zazzali and English, was Darius Pryor based off of Terrell Pryor?

My favorite sleeper you put in was JR Myers, he is John Riggins with speed and hands.

Also I'm glad you are able play with the other's draft classes, I actually felt bad for you guys figuring you knew all of spoilers of all of all the draft calsses.

The English class has freak athletes and I love the freaks, although Eshino Okonowa is in Zazzalli and he is as freaky as it gets, where the Zazzalli class is fun with a track star like Bender and the next Reggie White.

If I was your teacher I'd give you guys an A+ on the draft and players.

Thanks. Donny and I have said many times that creating the rookies never really even felt like work.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #24
MVP

I can tell you guys had fun with them, it is high quality work.

What class is Okafor in?

I really like the big backs over the quick ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »