Home

To Bad only 15 years...

This is a discussion on To Bad only 15 years... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: To Bad only 15 years...

15 years is a decent number. 20 would probably be perfect. I don't see most people going beyond that.

After all, not every coach can coach forever like Chuck Noll or Tom Landry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

What I have seen done in many games is to give you bonus points on your new carrer after finishing the game. Say for example if you go all 15 years and don't get fired you get 75k points to start a new career as opposed to 50k.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think most are missing the point. Why even have a 15 year cap? why not let who's playing decide what they want to do? other then the logistics of making the draft class sets I don't know why there should even be a cap

One thing I love about the 2k sports games. No caps I never have to worrie about how long my franchise is going last. (NBA 2k8) Im in year 2033 with my 5th team rebuilding and loving it.

Like NCAA Football I sim 6 seasons in before i create my coach and take over a team. Just the way some of us like to play.

why a cap?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygildner
why a cap?
because you can't script infinity

the immersion right now is so in depth, that every draft class has its own story and it progresses..

you hear a sophomore now and in 1 or 2 years, he's going to be part of that draft class

it's all about immersion and having finished my first offseason now, i see the brilliance in it

i can tell you who i drafted in what round and if they had a "story" to them rather than telling you

i got some 99ovr dt in round 4 last year, a 92ovr wr this year..

it's just numbers, no name, no faces, NO CONNECTION

here it's your team.. your players.. your system and philosophies..

it's all you baby
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok i get your point but I still don't see how that can NOT happen with a CAP. It just means the Head coach guys gotta put alittle more time into the rosters. now that they have the template they can do limitless things.

Hell Id like to even see NCAA draft calss be importable maybe put some kinda database that searches out names and plants a story behind it.

anyways it debatable. But i Just see no reason to limit people. I mean even though theres a story with these players its all fiction there not real. real to you with your imagination yes... But they would be for 16 years later and maybe id care alittle more about them in year 12, 13, 14 If I knew Id get to see them play.

maybe have one of your staff get a offer and then be able to retire and take over his path. Just seems a waste.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #30
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Personally, I think 15 years is probably the right move in terms of balancing having great immersion and scripted draft classes (the best idea in the history of franchise modes).

I'm really shocked they got into three careers, honestly. That's a lot of content nobody's ever going to see in that third one.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 33

i've only reached season 8, 15 years is quite a long time. I wouldn't mind 30 years though.

Maybe next year you could start out as a defensive back coach or quarterbacks coach and make it up to headcoach which would make 30 years or something more sensible.

I prefer the sripted immersive feel of the draft classes rather than generic automate ones after a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Personally, I think 15 years is probably the right move in terms of balancing having great immersion and scripted draft classes (the best idea in the history of franchise modes).

I'm really shocked they got into three careers, honestly. That's a lot of content nobody's ever going to see in that third one.
exactly..

i said before in a previous post .. maybe not in this thread

but having finished my first offseason and first draft.. seeing the total immersion of the entire process...

i would genuflect before them if they truly have 15 years' worth of content

cuz it's a-freakin-mazing

here's a sample..

I drafted a LE R. Hines in my 2009 draft.. Adam shceffler pops up talking about how great the guy is but also mentions how in Michigan.. he and a sophomore LT (forgot the name) would go head to head in practice and that's the stuff legends are made of..

I guarantee you next year or the year after... that same LT prospect from Michigan will be in the draft and one of the top draft people..

that's the kind of immersion they did and it's totally unreal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »