Home

Now I know why I can't stop the Packer run game!

This is a discussion on Now I know why I can't stop the Packer run game! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Now I know why I can't stop the Packer run game!

So, I've stated the problem I've noticed with the CPU changing personnel packages, but never got a response from the developers (probably because the posts usually also contained that one subject that they seem to be avoiding). But never has it been more frustrating or apperant than when playing the packers.

At least 25 times in one game the play calling screen would say the Packers were coming out with 5 WR and I pick a dime or nickle to match up, then when we get back to the field to see the play, they are in the friggin full house formation and Grant steamrolls a CB for a big gain! Either that, or the play calling screen says they are coming out with 3RB, 1 WR and 1 TE, but they hit the field with 5 WR! With the amount they use the 5 WR and full house, and the huge difference between them, it is impossible to not notice this problem when playing against the packers.

I was pissed off! Almost as much as when my QB got sacked 8 times against the Colts... ON HANDOFFS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Now I know why I can't stop the Packer run game!

Yes; I noticed this as well. Only noticed it while playing the Packers.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

I've noticed it against every team, but against the packers it's most noticable because of the difference between 5 WR set and the full house. And the fact those two forms are what they seem to use the most.

I'm just a little frustrated by the fact we've not heard anything from the devs about it, despite my bringing it up a couple of times. I mean, if there are things in the other posts they are reluctant to talk about, I understand that. I may not like it, but I got no big problem with it. But I would have thought they could at least answer the questions they weren't ducking.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

From what i noticed, it doesn't say they are in this formation. I think it just says there tendency is... I could be wrong here but i'm pretty sure the magic word there is tendency.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »