Home

Game Changing Decisions

This is a discussion on Game Changing Decisions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Game Changing Decisions

In a tight game with Pittsbugh. I'm up by 7 and running the clock out.

I'm on my 40 yd line. 4th down. I can just leave the clock run and it's game over. Steelers are out of time outs.

It then goes to my coach and makes me make a decison of punting of going for it. Huh?

(Because I had too) I choose to punting, hoping that even though they will line-up, the ball won't be snapped. If it was snapped at least the ball was being punted deep into Steeler territory.
Anyways the punter let the time run out and game over.

I get docked 10 approval points for not going for it. WTF! I won the game. After the game I did not receive the approval back for winning the game. Again, WTF!
--------

This has to be tweaked in the next version. Football is about winning. There is a time to go for it on 4th down, but to be docked approval points is wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Pro

Step2001's Arena

Re: Game Changing Decisions

Inside the redzone. I failed on third down. I already told myslef I was going for it on 4th down.

Again, the close up of my coach and the 2 choices. I select go for it. Choose a pass play.

I need a first down to keep the drive going.

Romo drops back. Looking, Looking, can't find anyone open. So he tucks it and runs for the first down.

I lose approval points for this. WTF! He picked up the first down to continue which turned out to be a Touchdown drive.

Come on!!!!!!

Needs tweaking!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #3
Pro

Step2001's Arena

The game still is Great! Having a blast. Finally my PS3 is getting some use.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, I have seen many examples of this kind of thing. The Approval Rating is a weaker aspect of HC.

I also won my first 5, and then lost the sixth by a FG and my approval, because of the loss, and the questionable Game Changing Decisions plummeted 20 points. Another crazy one I saw was I lost my first preseason game by 4 points and lost 10 points of Approval after the Decisions were factored in.

Overall, HC is still great. This isn't really anything to ruin the game because I have the feeling that if you just generally win and have success you'll avoid being fired. The Approval Rating is really weak at times though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »