Home

Playcall Sheet -- Wouldn't That Be Nice?

This is a discussion on Playcall Sheet -- Wouldn't That Be Nice? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Playcall Sheet -- Wouldn't That Be Nice?

IMO, one of the "weakest" parts of this game is the inability to create specific gameplans week to week. It seems like it should be in the game, since, it gives you a scouting report on the team you play.

Would love to see a sheet where you load plays for a gameplan, then, come gameday, if you call your own plays, you call them off that sheet. If you leave it to your coordinators, then, that's the sheet they're using.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pills91
IMO, one of the "weakest" parts of this game is the inability to create specific gameplans week to week. It seems like it should be in the game, since, it gives you a scouting report on the team you play.

Would love to see a sheet where you load plays for a gameplan, then, come gameday, if you call your own plays, you call them off that sheet. If you leave it to your coordinators, then, that's the sheet they're using.
I absolutely agree here. I feel that they made a pretty good attempt at immersion but because the Madden crowd, and engine, still dumbed it down too much. Plus I think that practice could have been done a lot different as well. I would like a graphical representation of practicing the actual game plan. (Am I the only one on this? I think that some might find it tedious but I am a micromanager type so I don't know) There are many great elements to this game but there are a few that I find lacking. That is why I hope that the team will get more oppertunities to build on this game.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HechticSooner
...still dumbed it down too much. ...
It's funny you say "dumb it down" I remember the first time I read about HC09 and how they were making it "easier" for everyone to play I was very...no extremely worried that they were going to turn it into an arcade game.

Obviously, I'm pleasantly surprised, but I would just like to say and I think I speak for every single one of us on this post (if not reply and tell me I'm way off base) that if a dev ever has to make a choice between "easy" and "sim realistic" please please please always error on the side of making it too difficult rather than too easy.

Everyone here agree with that?

oops...I need to get my French hw done, lol, be back in a few...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 04:21 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
It's funny you say "dumb it down" I remember the first time I read about HC09 and how they were making it "easier" for everyone to play I was very...no extremely worried that they were going to turn it into an arcade game.

Obviously, I'm pleasantly surprised, but I would just like to say and I think I speak for every single one of us on this post (if not reply and tell me I'm way off base) that if a dev ever has to make a choice between "easy" and "sim realistic" please please please always error on the side of making it too difficult rather than too easy.

Everyone here agree with that?

oops...I need to get my French hw done, lol, be back in a few...
I am always good with that. As long as the UI is solid the difficulty will be fingered out and the game will see a much longer time in the box then on the shelf.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 09-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pills91

great suggestion - this is the number one area they need to address for HC10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »