Home

If you could add ONE thing to HC, (magic genie time) what would it be?

This is a discussion on If you could add ONE thing to HC, (magic genie time) what would it be? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Post If you could add ONE thing to HC, (magic genie time) what would it be?

Ok, so after spending all day working on my spreadsheet for HC and going through the draft again to test it out, I realized I felt a heart-wrenching emptiness deep within my chest

We've all had a lot of ideas on things we'd add/change if there are future HCs but this time (am I spending too much time on this forum? ) I'd like to know what is the one most important thing you'd like to see in this game.

This excludes all bugs and gameplay issues.

I'm saying, in a perfect world, with a perfect game, what is the one thing that would make this game over-the-top for you personally.

=================================================

I've been thinking about this quite a bit today, and if you are at all familiar with how many posts I've posted in the "What we'd like to see" thread then you know I have lots of ideas...but I think the one thing I'd like to see, oddly enough has to do with the one part of the game that we all seem to think was done the best...the draft.

What would make this game over-the-top for me would be if the draft board/scouting results listed all the individual attributes/personality traits/nfl comaparisons and so on and was sortable like a spreadsheet.

Imagine being able to sort all known attributes in descending order by 1) TKL 2) STR 3) HIT for example to find the DTs that interested you and then move them up and down the draft board.

There you go, that's what I wish for next?

Remember, you can only put one item in your post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 02:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If you could add ONE thing to HC, (magic genie time) what would it be?

I can't say I'd touch the draft board at this point since the draft is the best feature of the game, but I will say that your suggestion does rock

I'd replace the crappy playbook interface with a madden style playbook interface including the ability to create formation folders for your created plays and add good presentation-style sound to game day. Yeah, two things, but count them as "fix game day".
Old 09-07-2008, 03:20 AM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I'd add the practice squad to be able to further develop those young players I absolutely hate cutting in training camp.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

To start as co-ordinator at colledge first. So meaning more years also i know thats 2 but 1 needs the other.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #5
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Full Headset Functionality.

The ability to call plays from the headset and also hear my coordinators via the head-set as well; either giving advice or providing in-game analysis of the players.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Two answers, reality and the fantastic...

Reality; just add an option for your HC to be 'hired' to their starting job and have it make sense...look at the coaching jobs that are out their this year, 4 NEW coaches and there's prolly 4-6 other jobs that COULD be open and the choices could be scripted;

"Coughlin decides to retire after winning the championship last year. Del Rio takes the Giants job leaving the Jags position open!"
or

"Dungy has decided to give up and spend time with his family turning over the Colts job to Gruden so the Bucs job is open!"

Can't see a NEW coach no matter the pedigree getting the keys to the Pats or other teams in the upper most tier.

Stuff like that.

Now, the Fantasy; add an online multiplayer option with each coach actually being a human...at least the HC, OC & DC. The ranks of the position coaches could be used as 'waiting lists' for the team management jobs. Maybe expand the owner portion too. Then the hire/fire process would actually have some teeth...but this might not be for everyone.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

An instructions booklet that actually is useful.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional
An instructions booklet that actually is useful.
I usually HATE strategy guides...'cheat-books' as I think of them...but this game actually needs a book like that to be worthwhile. And the guide was well worth the $14 i paid for it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »