Home

If you don't call all the plays, would you still buy this game?

This is a discussion on If you don't call all the plays, would you still buy this game? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
If you don't call all the plays, would you still buy this game?

I may pick up HC today. While I was playing the demo though I won a narrow victory, but was wondering since you can't do much else in the demo - how much does the rest of the game account for the overall gameplay?

Is calling plays most of the 'meat' of the game? is it 50% or more of the HC experieince in your opinions? Although I won the game I played, I'm not great at choosing defensive plays.

I just wanted to know if there is enough to do besides play calling to make the game worth buying right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If you don't call all the plays, would you still buy this game?

theres a lot to do, as you also sign players, depth charts, run practices(in a sense), plus the whole draft, etc.

i dont even call plays that much... in fact on D, i never do. I let Dick LeBeau run my defense.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

the only reason i would say that playcalling is "half" of the game is cuz the games take over an hour to complete (which is a good thing).... but most my time is spent in preparation of the game and in the contruction of my team....

if you want you can get a feel for the other aspects of the game by initiating some trades in the demo....i always traded for that DT in houston and mike vrabel in the demo....i love the package system with the trades and negotiations
Old 09-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd recommend this title even if all you did was sim all of the games. In my opinion, there is so much to do off-the-field (especially in the off-season) that this game is still worth it even if you didn't attend the actual games.

Go grab it and enjoy yourself...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Done and DONE. I'm getting it then...after hittin' the ol' gym I'm trading in mass effect, guitar hero2, and maybe gears of war.

thanks for getting back so quickly guys, I'll be playing this puppy tonight!!

I'll get on OS though because I've heard there are some potential problems and work-arounds that make the careers better. And even though I'm a big Colts fan, I'll take the advice I've seen in here and go with a 'rebuilding' type of team, or one that I don't mind changing personel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

I don't call all the plays and can't imagine doing that unless someone is really the micromanager type..

i dismiss playcall come gameday and let my coords run the show..

i run everything else and pretty much call the plays only on key situations

anyhows.. jus thought i'd chime in.. claling all the plays = boring imo.. but im sure other coaches do that
Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

do not open the create-a-play frm the clipboard....u would do well to go into ur clipboard options and uncheck both options so it never comes up
Old 09-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #8
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Mafia
do not open the create-a-play frm the clipboard....u would do well to go into ur clipboard options and uncheck both options so it never comes up

I'll look this up when I get back, but does this mean that to avoid some problems you just don't use a feature at all? like create-a-play? Or is that only from the clipboard (not sure if there is any other way to do this)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »