Home

So let's say that this is the last version of this game..

This is a discussion on So let's say that this is the last version of this game.. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
So let's say that this is the last version of this game..

With the Metacritic score being so low -thanks to a couple very misinformed reviews IMHO- it is probably up to sales numbers to determine if this game gets a new version. I have no idea what the numbers are, but I can't imagine this is going to be flying off the shelf..particularly with all the mindless sheep that take the previously mentioned reviews as gospel.

With all that said, let's say that this game gets taken out behind the barn and put to rest. Would there be ANY possibility of at least releasing updated rosters next year, and possibly some new draft classes and charging us X amount of MS points for it? Really, once the patch hits the game should be quite solid. However, starting with the same rosters and going through the same draft classes year after year will start to get boring. Simply updating rosters and creating new draft classes could go a long way towards making this game last for quite a while, even if 09 is the last we see of a full blown release. I'm not sure how possible this is, I just figured I'd throw it out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: So let's say that this is the last version of this game..

i would hope not. word needs to go out, and people have to understand that this isn't MADDEN. this is a whole different perspective for the game. that this game takes more than just sticks it takes intelligence.

and i feel that the people who did the reviews were expecting it to be like madden and that they were disappointed in the game.

there should be enough loyal fanbase for this game to get another shot to make it even better. this game has the ability to surpass madden.

in all honesty i wasted 90 bucks on madden CE because i don't even touch madden now. this is the game i am loving to play.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Me too on the Madden CE. Haven't even fired up either of the other two disks.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I played Madden the first two days after release. Then played HC and never went back.

I'm not even going to play it again until/if the DLC patch comes out. No CPU sliders = worthless game.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammage
Me too on the Madden CE. Haven't even fired up either of the other two disks.
Other 2 discs? On PS3 it came with only 2 discs. Madden and Head Coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillyKillall
Other 2 discs? On PS3 it came with only 2 discs. Madden and Head Coach.
Madden, Head Coach, and a Bonus Disc. I have yet to play Madden, and have no idea what's on the bonus disc.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto07
Madden, Head Coach, and a Bonus Disc. I have yet to play Madden, and have no idea what's on the bonus disc.
DO NOT play the bonus disk! Watching the content on the disk was like being pistol whipped by my 360 with an over-abundance of Favre information. I thought ESPN fondled Favres jock a ton...but the bonus disk out did ESPN by a long shot.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:35 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

even if the console maggots can't get it because it is over their head doesn't mean that those of us with computers would not love to see something like this, where the game would actually be better. You could more easily develop the title. You could take the playbook creation straight out of Sierra FPF and this would become rocking.

Hell I bet that if they went that way, and said **** the madden engine we will make our own, that they would have a killer title on there hands. Especaily with an increase in the internet MP experience. There are so many text based guys that want to actually coach there games that it would be an instant success. I actually kind of want it to do well but not well enough on the consoles so that we get it on the system it should be used for.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »