Home

Give us the ability to rehab please!!!

This is a discussion on Give us the ability to rehab please!!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #57
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Give us the ability to rehab please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I agree with you everywhere else(I am just nit-picking here) but a bone can actually heal thicker where it was broken and be stronger in that spot.

By the way, I think this is the best injury system I have seen in a football game yet. Thanks Josh.
I honestly thought that was true of children/young adults but I thought once you got out of the 'growth' era of youth, between 18-22 typically, that was no longer true.

I know the example I saw in the steel industry, a proper weld was actually stronger than the steel its bonding but...anyway, I will concede the bone break part of this argument if I am in fact ill-informed.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 20

First off, with all this complaining about peterson being so injury prone, I think my next career will be with them and I will see if there is any substance to the complaints. Any bets as to wether or not I gain 2000 with him and have no major injuries. I would say there is a good chance of it. However, I have had players get hurt over and over before. I have used jermicheal finley in 3 different careers and twice got rid of him because he was always hurt. The other time I played 5 seasons and he went to 5 pro bowls and was only hurt for more than a couple plays one time and that was still only the second half of one game. There is therefore some randomness to it. Also, in my current one, Colston broke his leg 1st season during the playoffs, came back and has played very well and very injury free since then. I had one where Jerod Mayo missed like 9 weeks his rookie year and the next year came back, had over 100 tackles, 11 sacks, 6 force fumbles, 7 recovered fumbles, and scored 7 defensive TDs and went to the pro bowl. This is kinda coming back and still being able to play and not being punished to bad isnt it. Of course, I had to give him some plays off or else he would get nicked up, but he was a great player for me.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

For the most part, I think the injury system is fine the way it is.

I don't know the mathematics behind the hit location and the % = chance of injury. I doubt they will release that formula anyway.

The % system is a bit misleading if you are expecting a % to go back up. In that case, just give us a solid number like a typical HP meter.

All those minor 1 quarter, out for game type injuries add up over a career though, and it doesn't take all that many to ruin a good potential career.

Heck, one major injury can be game over for a player. A blown knee can turn a Pro Bowler into a career backup or practice squad.

If you compare the minor shakeups (you can't tell them all, but a delay stoppage to carry someone off is easy, or a hobble out substitution) and the big injuries teams have in the game vs. the real deal, it is fairly accurate.

The only thing that irks me, it seems like the 'injury cap' was removed. You can end up with 10+ players with weeks of unplayable injuries on your roster at a time. The older *Madden* games seemed to have a smaller limit: around 4 or so per team.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
First off, with all this complaining about peterson being so injury prone, I think my next career will be with them and I will see if there is any substance to the complaints. Any bets as to wether or not I gain 2000 with him and have no major injuries. I would say there is a good chance of it. However, I have had players get hurt over and over before. I have used jermicheal finley in 3 different careers and twice got rid of him because he was always hurt. The other time I played 5 seasons and he went to 5 pro bowls and was only hurt for more than a couple plays one time and that was still only the second half of one game. There is therefore some randomness to it. Also, in my current one, Colston broke his leg 1st season during the playoffs, came back and has played very well and very injury free since then. I had one where Jerod Mayo missed like 9 weeks his rookie year and the next year came back, had over 100 tackles, 11 sacks, 6 force fumbles, 7 recovered fumbles, and scored 7 defensive TDs and went to the pro bowl. This is kinda coming back and still being able to play and not being punished to bad isnt it. Of course, I had to give him some plays off or else he would get nicked up, but he was a great player for me.
I have the Vikings.....and if you want to see how much Peterson is hurt, just take alook at my Viks Franchise. He has missed about 1/2 the season or so, but is getting close to 1000 yds with 3 games to go. So...I'll take that bet. However, I'am not going to trade him...and we will see next season.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #61
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
...Any bets as to wether or not I gain 2000 with him and have no major injuries...
And those of us dealing with "All Dingedup's" injuries are doing something wrong...I'm not holding my controller correctly or breathing in and holding it when the balls snapped...

In my three season experience the most MADDENING{pun?} thing about Petersen's injuries...they mostly happen for me in practice! I've only ever seen him go down due to injury in a game once in 20+ games but I'll get the injury warning during the week and the cussing begins!

Luckily when I reloaded my Viks career, I got the English class and drafted L.James and then traded Petersen to the 49ers...let them deal with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 10

Just went back and took a look at my Viks and how Peterson is doing.

Week 1: OUT
Week 2: 17/54 yds (Hurt 4th Qtr)
Week 3: 22/184 yds
Week 4: OUT
Week 5: 23/82 yds
Week 6: 24/124 yds
Week 7: 22/99 yds
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: 8/11 yds (HURT IN 1ST QTR)
Week 10: 22/110 yds
Week 11: 9/38 yds (HURT)
Week 12: 14/102 yds (Hurt 4th Qtr)
Week 13: 3/18 yds (HURT)
Week 14: 16/95 yds

Totals: 180/917 yds (5.09 avg) with 2 games to go.

I am somewhat surprised...it seems he has missed more time than this. As you can see he has missed 2 Full games and hurt in 5 others. There is no way he is going to get 1500 yds this season, unless you count the playoffs and how far I go. His avg is very very good....I just can't give him the ball 25 times a game. I'am not sure how many carries he had last year, but it looks like for me he is going to get close to 200 if he plays the last 2 games.

Just wanted to see how this is playing out and put an end to all the should have beens/what ifs talk.

Just checked last year 286 carries for 1604 yds. So, there is no way I'am going to match last years.

Last edited by Purplepower; 09-19-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #63
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish

In my three season experience the most MADDENING{pun?} thing about Petersen's injuries...they mostly happen for me in practice!

Wow, this is the most realistic sim ever! (If you haven't heard, he pulled a hammy in practice this week.)
Old 09-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #64
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Wow, this is the most realistic sim ever! (If you haven't heard, he pulled a hammy in practice this week.)
I hadn't heard that...and i will bet you donuts to navybeans there's a Viking coach sitting in his office looking at a picture of a revolver and wondering WHY he ever left Marshall for this...

At least that was my take on it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »