Home

My ideas for improvement...

This is a discussion on My ideas for improvement... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: My ideas for improvement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppykahn
Some more things I notice...

The coordinator responses are backwards whenever a penalty or turnover is involved.

For instance, I'm on defense. The offensive team fumbles and recovers themself. Then my OC comes in and tells me he isn't digging the play I ran.

Secondly, penalty while on offense. OC comes in and tells me it's a good play.

Penalty on the kickoff. They seem to show the teams on the wrong side of the field (ie, my team received, it appears to show them at the opponent's 20, ready to score.

Saw the speedy player bug today. Had an RB on a sweep, had my DT chase him down at mach speed. Considered recording it on my cellphone and putting it on youtube, figured that probably wouldn't help the devs.

Had a bug today where a player I had been in to resign on negotiations had come back in. We were a ways apart when he called off negotiations the previous time. He wants to renegotiate, and there is nothing to negotiate? No options, and then I have to wait for the ticker to go down to exit.

I'd like a bit of an easier way to put players in by formation. I've been running a 3 RB formation with a bunch of big studs (mendenhall, bush, greg jones, (drafted) stodemire (275 lb), and an FB who is a pretty good blocker). Want to keep them fresh, and when I swap them, I'm almost guaranteed of a delay of game penalty.

I'd also hope for a way to undo those subs easily.

Regarding the interface, is it possible to get the madden shortcuts to the play types? Also, maybe sort the plays in your playbook by frequency called, so you aren't continuing to search through the playbook for your favorite shotgun plays, that they are at the top.

I'd also like to see more plays on the screen at once. 4, and scrolling down through a potentially 150 play playbook keeps leaving me with delay of game penalties/wasted timeouts.

Facemasking seems to occur a little too often, and it seems that it's called before the infraction would have actually occurred. Same with pass interference. It would be nice to put a second or two delay on the coach reacting to make it seem more natural.

Hurry up logic. My team never seems to know when I want to go for it at the end of the half. Of course, I'm pretty aggressive (like, I like Mike Martz playcalling), but my team doesn't get it until I've used all my timeouts to get them past the 40.

Also, I'd like to be able to run a hurry up as my main offense. It would be nice to let the QB know that you want to be running hurry up right then.

I believe they said the patch has incorporated coach audibles. That's a good thing.

Anyway, I don't mean to be overly critical here, because I understand this game looks like a rebuild, it's complex, and then bugs keep popping up. I'm just documenting what I would like for someone else to document when a program of mine is released "into the wild."

Thanks.
and finally, even though the thread is entitled "My ideas for improvement, it seems to be mostly a "bug/glitch" report which there is a thread for already so we should use that so developers don't have to hunt all over the forum for important issues (ex. the speedy player and announcer bugs are discussed elsewhere) and the true ideas for improvement should go in the thread "Things we'd like to see if there is a HC10" Where playbook ideas are discussed in many posts.

I say this because if we stay organized it will be that much easier for the devs to actually find and thus read our ideas and have the possibility of incorporating them in future releases.

So please, and this is to everyone in general and no in particular, please try and find an appropriate thread before starting a new one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »