Home

QB Sneak is unstoppable.

This is a discussion on QB Sneak is unstoppable. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: QB Sneak is unstoppable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer
It does in Head Coach, I didn't think it did in the NFL

But terrence newman got hurt for 3-4 months so I put him on IR and now I no longer owe him money this season and have millions more in cap room for the season
Yeah I always heard that putting a guy on IR in the NFL does not remove his salary from the cap. I guess it's either changed or the game got that wrong.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

Yep put playing on IR saves cap space.

qb sneak hasn't worked all the time for me.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #11
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

Seems pretty realistic for it to work almost all the time. I don't know the statistics, but in my football-viewing lifetime, QB sneaks are pretty much almost always successful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Example of why QB sneak is not unstoppable:

My Dolphins were 7-7 and playing in Week 16. Since we told the owner that we were going to go .500, this was an important game to win.

So there we were, sitting on the opponent's 1 yard line (1 & GL), down by 3, with 45 seconds on the clock. I thought to myself, "Let's just put the nail in by letting the QB sneak go. I remember some guys on the forums talking about how successful it is."

I call in the play and get ready to celebrate. QB hikes the ball, gets about 1/2 a yard, and gets nailed. Luckily, he goes ahead and fumbles the ball, the D picks it up and runs it all the way back.

I no longer believe the QB sneak is unstoppable.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 AM   #13
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

Your QB fumbling is about the ony way to have it stopped. I use scrambling running QB's like Josh Johnson, but I've experimented with slow pocket QB's with far less success. If you really want a beter definition or statement this one is better "having a QB with speed (Scrambler) is about 90-95% unstopable using the QB dive using Goaline formation".
Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

QB sneak is ussually successful in short yardage situations, 1 yard or less. Ussually it is not QBs like josh johnson who are good at that though, it is bigger guys. Peyton for instance I know at one point last year when I was watching a game they said he had the 2nd most TD runs of any QB over the past 3 seasons. Where this is too successful though is the 10 to 15 yard runs. I was using Dane Morrow who has like 64 speed or something, supposed to be the next Dan Marino so definatly not a scrambler, and I tried this, he had 6 carries for 73 yards in one game. 6 carries for 8 or 10 yards and all successful conversions I could believe, but over 70 yards, come on
Old 09-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #15
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

If your opponent is not in goal line when you QB sneak you can usually get a lot of yards I find. Against goal line it still usually works, but I have been stopped, even with speedy Troy Smith. The downside, like in real life, is that you expose your QB to a hit or possible fumble.

Of course, in real life, a QB sneak looks a lot different, usually with a huge pile of large people lying in the middle of the field and the QB either going down below or up and over. With the Madden engine the QB has to find a hole and run through it. There's no pile of people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #16
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah it is too successful, I only allow myself to use it once a game as a house rule whether it works or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »