Home

You're Fired!

This is a discussion on You're Fired! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #9
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
Re: You're Fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Well, I finished my first full season of HC last night playing as the Falcons. I ended up going 6-10 with an approval of 29, and I got fired. I have a few questions based on some findings:

1) My approval tanked in the last two weeks. It went from 71 to 46 in one week after I lost to the Bucs. I am curious why the drop was so drastic, hadn't happened before. Could it have anything to do with that loss having been what eliminated me from the playoffs? I accidentally dismissed the approval change detail screen. I also had a wierd ending to that game where it prompted me for a defining moment even though the game had just ended. I had to choose something and I'm not sure if that had a negative effect.

2) I saved the game after I took the Bears job and saved it as a new franchise. I then reloaded my old save two days before getting fired and I wasn't fired this time. I did it a 2nd time, and again, I wasn't fired. Is there a random element to whether or not you get fired or was the landscape different enough as far as other teams results that week in the playoffs and their decision to fire their coach? Does the CPU ownership take what other head coaches are available to hire when deciding if you should be fired? I also noticed that when I reloaded and wasn't fired I looked at other open positions and they were different each time (except Al Davis made sure to always fire Lane Kiffin).

I really didn't want to get fired. I got to know my players, what they could do and I had lots of plans for how to improve the team. But oh well, life goes on. I ended up taking a job with the Bears, they fired Lovie and he retired.
Yes, the chance that you got fired was a percentage.

Since your approval was pretty high, the % chance was probably around 60% to fire you. You just caught the wrong end of it.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks Josh. Guess I caught the owner on a bad day.

Do you know if elimination from the playoffs (during the regular season) is an explicit reason to have your approval take a nosedive that week?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Thanks Josh. Guess I caught the owner on a bad day.

Do you know if elimination from the playoffs (during the regular season) is an explicit reason to have your approval take a nosedive that week?
Not really. The only thing I can think of is your preseason promise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks Josh. To be honest I was due for a serious drop in approval anyways. I was up to 92 after I beat the Panthers at one point during the season. It just sucked to watch it drop about 30 points in one week so close to the end of the season.

The worst part is losing control of my team. You get to know what the players can do, you design plays for them, you plan what holes to fill in the offseason. It sort of sucks to have to move on, but I'm sure I'll get to know the Bears as well. This is the kind of connection with the game that Madden has failed at for years. I can't even make it through one full season of franchise. I will easily play many careers in HC.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #13
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

I was the Lions one season, went 2-14 via super-simming the games, and got fired after that initial season. Because of that, I think I'm going to save my career the week before the end so in case I get fired I'll keep going back to my saved point to see if I get fired again.

I knew I was going to suck my first year. I started with a new head coach, I changed both the offensive and defensive playbooks, and didn't call any of the plays during the games. I'm going to 'cheat' the first two years and then after that I'll let the owner fire me if I suck.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
I was the Lions one season, went 2-14 via super-simming the games, and got fired after that initial season. Because of that, I think I'm going to save my career the week before the end so in case I get fired I'll keep going back to my saved point to see if I get fired again.

I knew I was going to suck my first year. I started with a new head coach, I changed both the offensive and defensive playbooks, and didn't call any of the plays during the games. I'm going to 'cheat' the first two years and then after that I'll let the owner fire me if I suck.
That is no excuse. I took over the Dolphins, changed both playbooks, have horrible coaches, do not call the plays, and I'm 7-7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »