Home

Can We Please have a roster update at least once a week?

This is a discussion on Can We Please have a roster update at least once a week? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

OVR: 2
Can We Please have a roster update at least once a week?

I'm just sick of waiting for a roster update Lions QB Henson has wrong pick. I'm waiting for a update so I can get started playing as the Lions Coach, so Josh, please update the roster and fix the player portraits, Thanx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Can We Please have a roster update at least once a week?

Erm....what good is a weekly roster update going to do when you can't change the rosters after the career starts? I can understand the opening day update for obvious reasons, but every week? Why would you want to start a preseason with rosters from the middle of the season?

You could certainly ask the same thing about Madden, of course - but Madden has a full online component to it where the rosters HAVE to be updated. Until HC gets that (actual on-field play, that is), I really don't see the point...
Old 09-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

I mainly want the roster we have now fixed because it is messed up and at least things would get fixed or adjusted by having it "updated" each week. Just sick of players with wrong names and pictures and also attributes not getting updated. And having updates that include new signings by teams would be nice also. Since I can't edit my own roster (pics, creating, players, etc.) like I could in Madden, I at least should expect to get a weekly update with fixes to the roster. I don't believe thats asking for too much from the person assigned to handle roster updates for this game.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

once you start your career, the rosters are going to change. You want the developers to keep them updated to real life when the purpose of this game is to create an alternate reality.

Some people are just never satisfied.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Rookie

There isn't much point to having weekly updates for this game. I would say having quarterly (every 4 weeks) would be nice for when starting a career later on in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog-Face-Frown
I mainly want the roster we have now fixed because it is messed up and at least things would get fixed or adjusted by having it "updated" each week. Just sick of players with wrong names and pictures and also attributes not getting updated. And having updates that include new signings by teams would be nice also. Since I can't edit my own roster (pics, creating, players, etc.) like I could in Madden, I at least should expect to get a weekly update with fixes to the roster. I don't believe thats asking for too much from the person assigned to handle roster updates for this game.
wow, I never thought I'd write a post like this because I make it a point not to get involved and especially not to start wars...but you want an update so the skin of your player is the right color? I mean C'mon!!! I'm all for realism but the portrait or jersey number or even attributes to a certain extent (because the players attributes change based on their play in the game anyway) are absolutely, categorically, undeniably NOT an issue!!

This thread needs to be deleted...sorry.

p.s. you have a LOT more to worry about coaching the lions than the color of someone's skin. Think like a coach!

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 09-16-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Because the developers have nothing better to do with their time than create a pointless new roster update every week.......

Does anyone else think its absurd how bothered some people are by Drew Henson having the wrong pic. The guy probably won't even be in the league next year, but I've seen at least four posts mentioning it and the starter of this thread wants it fixed before he can start up his franchise. Yes, it's an error. Is it remotely important? No. Let's move on.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSupreme
once you start your career, the rosters are going to change. You want the developers to keep them updated to real life when the purpose of this game is to create an alternate reality.

Some people are just never satisfied.

amen to that. whats the point of having perfect rosters when they are going to completely go out the window the minute you start a new career?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »