Home

What about the freezing issue?

This is a discussion on What about the freezing issue? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Embraer's Arena

OVR: 2
What about the freezing issue?

Hey guys. I've been reading these forums for A LONG time now, and have only recently registered because this is a big issue.

From reading the forums I know I'm not the only one having a problem with the game always freezing up randomly. What is scary are the reports of PS3s completly frying because of it.

So I have not been playing NFL Head Coach for the past 2 weeks awaiting a fix. The patch is just around the corner, so will it address this freezing problem? I hope so because right now the game is unplayble because of it. None of my other 8 games do this so I know its not my system.

Thanks for all the help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What about the freezing issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
The official word is:

We are fixing every freeze or crash that we find, regardless of platform.
I guess the hope is that they found every one
Old 09-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer
Hey guys. I've been reading these forums for A LONG time now, and have only recently registered because this is a big issue.

From reading the forums I know I'm not the only one having a problem with the game always freezing up randomly. What is scary are the reports of PS3s completly frying because of it.

So I have not been playing NFL Head Coach for the past 2 weeks awaiting a fix. The patch is just around the corner, so will it address this freezing problem? I hope so because right now the game is unplayble because of it. None of my other 8 games do this so I know its not my system.

Thanks for all the help!
I haven't heard of the PS3 frying from this game???
Old 09-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I haven't heard of the PS3 frying from this game???
I haven't either....and mine froze up twice. But since I have been saving about every 3 days of game time, and after the live games, I haven't had any more problems....and I'am now in week 14.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Embraer's Arena

Regarding PS3s being fryed, I read 2 or 3 posts in other threads of people who stated that after repeated freezes and lockups of Head Coach their systems finally went toast.

It was at that point that I put my copy of HC away until this issue is resolved. As much as I love this game it is not worth losing an entire PS3 system over.

I also played this game through the freezes just because at how much I love HC and these types of strategy games. But little by little the aggrevation became worse. It all finally came to a head a few weeks ago when, upon getting the infamous loss of audio that precludes a freezs I immedietly attempted to save my game.

Well, wouldn't you know it the game froze while it was being saved. For those who don't know why we are warned not to mess with our system or controller while games are saving: My entire save game file was lost. Everything I had spent(wasted) hours of my time working on gone.

In anger I seriously pledged to return the game to the store in exchange for something more stable. But as I calmed down the hope of the new patch fixing the problems inspired me to keep the game.

So I hope the new patch fixes this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Regarding PS3s being fryed, I read 2 or 3 posts in other threads of people who stated that after repeated freezes and lockups of Head Coach their systems finally went toast.

It was at that point that I put my copy of HC away until this issue is resolved. As much as I love this game it is not worth losing an entire PS3 system over.

I also played this game through the freezes just because at how much I love HC and these types of strategy games. But little by little the aggrevation became worse. It all finally came to a head a few weeks ago when, upon getting the infamous loss of audio that precludes a freezs I immedietly attempted to save my game.

Well, wouldn't you know it the game froze while it was being saved. For those who don't know why we are warned not to mess with our system or controller while games are saving: My entire save game file was lost. Everything I had spent(wasted) hours of my time working on gone.

In anger I seriously pledged to return the game to the store in exchange for something more stable. But as I calmed down the hope of the new patch fixing the problems inspired me to keep the game.

Sorry to hear about that. I've only lost my audio (like you said the impending sign of doom) once since the first week I bought the game and I did save right away and restart.

After the initial ~5 freezes, I have only had one freeze since then so things seem to have stablized for me. I know that doesn't help you out much, but just trying to offer hope I guess. Also, I just bought my PS3 in August specifically for HC so...maybe that is why it has stablized???
Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:

I did the same thing.....lost of audio, tried to save, and froze during the save. I can understand the anger. However, I now have two save files, that I save one, then the other, and have had no other problems so far....again I am in week 14. Like you, I do hope the patch address this problem, and I guess all I can do is hope for the best. The next time, (if it freezes again, I am just going turn the game off...without saving.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:11 AM   #8
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
I did the same thing.....lost of audio, tried to save, and froze during the save. I can understand the anger. However, I now have two save files, that I save one, then the other, and have had no other problems so far....again I am in week 14. Like you, I do hope the patch address this problem, and I guess all I can do is hope for the best. The next time, (if it freezes again, I am just going turn the game off...without saving.
The first time this happened to me, I hadn't read about it so I didn't know what was going on. I figured I'd wait and see if the sound came back at some point. It didn't and things were slowing down substantially so I figured I'd better save. Well, it was saving, and saving, and saving... My heart sank as I was certain it had frozen, but I had put a lot of hours into that game, so I figured I'd give it time. I went to get a sandwich or something, and when I came back like five or so minutes later I was surprised and relieved to find that it had finished saving. So if this happens to anyone else, give it some time and it might be okay. But my advice would be to save frequently, and if the sound goes, just shut it off and don't chance it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »