Home

So I appear to be unbiased...

This is a discussion on So I appear to be unbiased... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Overall, which part of Head Coach is the weakest/most unfulfilling?
Draft 1 1.33%
Front Office/Staff Management (hiring/firing coaches, GM responsibilies/actions, coaches info) 4 5.33%
Game AI (Logic during actual games and/or logic of other teams' actions during non-game events) 17 22.67%
Graphics 23 30.67%
Interface 1 1.33%
Playbook/Play Calling 18 24.00%
Player Management (Depth Charts, Player Info, Signing, Trading, Etc) 6 8.00%
Something Is Missing! 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
So I appear to be unbiased...What part of HC is weakest/most unfulfilling?

Most of what I've posted has always been praise and love so I've decided in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety I'll offer a constructive criticism thread/poll.

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 09-17-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
MVP

Re: So I appear to be unbiased...

Wow, someone doesn't like the Draft segment of the game? I almost didn't even put that on the poll because I thought everyone agreed it was the best part...lol, interesting.

If the person who voted that the Draft is the weakest portion of the game wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear why you feel that way.

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 09-17-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

I choose graphics even though I have no problem with them or any of the other choices. I think they need to improve the graphics just so people will at least give this game a chance.

One of my all-time favorite games already, just need NCAA Head Coach 2010 and i'm set.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
...just need NCAA Head Coach 2010 and i'm set.
Yup...i could just retire, as long as I had a 10 year supply of Red Bulls, cheetos and poptarts...I'd be 800lbs by 2020!

I had to pick Playbook...and its really NOT the playbook...its the play editor and no way to organize my plays in my book how I(EYE) want it!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: So I appear to be unbiased...What part of HC is weakest/most unfulfilling?

I have two issues with the game.

1. IN Game tuning. Passing game too strong, period. For the on-the-field game, if that were tuned... just lowering the accuracy of QBs, increasing the reaction time of DBs, and allowing for more consistent pressure, the gameplay would be damn near perfect.

2. Atmosphere. I feel so detached on game day. I had a huge opening couple of plays at home... A big hit at the 19 yard line on the kickoff, followed by a sack that caused a fumble that I recovered, followed by a play action pass that went for a strike in the back of the endzone. That sequence of events to open a game would blow the roof of of any stadium in the NFL, Reliant Stadium still had that low drone of a crowd and it was really a downer.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

First off I love this game despite its flaws and design decisions. I play almost 8 hours a day.
My biggest issue is the AI and Sliders.

I play with the Raiders. With Kif an as a created coach J****s is just garbage. Even if I rebuild the line, get WR that are high learners, Productive, etc he still throws balls away when there are players WIDE OPEN. Scrambles before the play developes. Never throws it away etc.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #7
MVP

Re: So I appear to be unbiased...What part of HC is weakest/most unfulfilling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I have two issues with the game.

1. IN Game tuning. Passing game too strong, period. For the on-the-field game, if that were tuned... just lowering the accuracy of QBs, increasing the reaction time of DBs, and allowing for more consistent pressure, the gameplay would be damn near perfect.

2. Atmosphere. I feel so detached on game day. I had a huge opening couple of plays at home... A big hit at the 19 yard line on the kickoff, followed by a sack that caused a fumble that I recovered, followed by a play action pass that went for a strike in the back of the endzone. That sequence of events to open a game would blow the roof of of any stadium in the NFL, Reliant Stadium still had that low drone of a crowd and it was really a downer.
I have my crowd noise on 0 for two reasons...got tired of the constant drone (which is odd because crowd ambiance has always been pretty good in EA games, especially NHL.

Second...so I can hear the PA announcer.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

It was a tough call between player management and the on the field action

but it would have to be the player management aspect, which is currently good - but could be so great

add in a player history screen (cuts and signings with who and when, injuries what and how long, draft position or UFA) and formational depth charts (even for special teams). Maybe even take out the master depth chart totally and rework it so you have one per formation. Then have people complain about how many plays they see instead of starting or not.

also one of the L-button trigger dropdown filters for trading for moving between trading draft picks straight up and one of the guys on your trading block + picks. 2 min is hardly enough time to read the all of the options with a good trading skill, a filter would be handy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »