Home

Remember the Titans 2: What the Hell Happened to Doctor-Patient Confidentiality.

This is a discussion on Remember the Titans 2: What the Hell Happened to Doctor-Patient Confidentiality. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Preseason Game #1: Next Day Press Conference

Are you playing these out or are you simming? Calling the plays, or letting the OC/DC call them?

Will keep reading.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
Are you playing these out or are you simming? Calling the plays, or letting the OC/DC call them?

Will keep reading.
I'm playing the games. I am letting the Dc call defensive plays, but I am calling the Offensive plays. I appreciate you reading as your Viking Dynasty was an inspiration for me.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreywill
I'm playing the games. I am letting the Dc call defensive plays, but I am calling the Offensive plays. I appreciate you reading as your Viking Dynasty was an inspiration for me.
yeah purple...you're the one that made us all want to post our dynasties lol
Old 09-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
yeah purple...you're the one that made us all want to post our dynasties lol
Maybe.....but my writing skills are no where near you guys.....once again.....great job with these.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #21
Rookie

Preseason Game #2: Newspaper Article

Titans Blank Raiders. Passing Game Found?

NASHVILLE (AP) -- In the Vince Young Era, all of two plus seasons, the Titans have struggled with the concept of the forward pass. Whether you place those blames on a less than accurate Young or below average receivers the problem has been magnified. Two preseason games into the Jason Griffin regime and the Titans are looking like former Volunteer great Peyton Manning & the Indianapolis Colts throwing the pigskin. Young was 8 for 10 for 151 yards and two touchdowns incuding a 54 yard td to WR Chris Davis. Rookie WR Mario Manningham continued to shine with 5 receptions for 98 yards. Rookie QB Andre Woodson finished with 159 yards passing on 10 for 15 with a touchdown strike.

The defense looked good as they held the Raiders to just 123 yards of total offense including a measly 1 yard rushing for the game. They were helped out by the Raider receivers who dropped an unheard of 9 passes. Rookie DE Tony Bake finished with two sacks and a fumble recovery. LB Kawika Mitchell paced the Titans with 6 tackles.

Coach Griffin sounded a little more pleased with the defensive performance. "Coming off the Rams game where we allowed over 250 yards passing, I was pleased out how the secondary responded to the challenge", Griffin said. Young was pleased with the performance of his wide receivers. "It felt like I was back at Texas because I was hitting my guys with 12 yard passes and they racking up yards after the reception. I'm very excited about the potential of our vertical game", said Young. The 2-0 Titans travel to Atlanta to face the 0-2 Falcons on Friday.

Team Stats Raiders Titans
Total Offense 123 405
Rushing Yds. 1 112
Passing Yds. 122 293
1st Downs 8 18
Punt Ret. 0 5
Kick Ret. 26 0
Total Yds. 149 410
Turnovers 1 0
3rd Down Conv. 4-10 (40%) 7-14(50%)
Penalties 2-11 4-45
Time of Poss. 18:06 41:54

Individual Stats
Raiders
A. Walter 64.9 rat. 7-13 53% 56 yds.
J. Russell 58.5 rat. 6-15 40% 83 yds

J. Fargas 6 atts. 6 yds. 1.0avg

R. Curry 2 rec. 26 yds. 13.0avg
J. Morgan 1 rec. 24 yds. 24.0avg
B. Scaife 2 rec. 22 yds. 11.0avg
J. Fargas 2 rec. 20 yds. 10.0avg

C. Johnson 9 tack 1TFL 1Ffum
G. Dorsey 7 tack 1 defl
C. Campbell 4 tack 1 sack 1TFL

Titans
V. Young 141.4 rat. 8-10 80% 151 yds 2 tds
A. Woodson 152.0 rat.10-15 66% 159 yds 1 td

C. Henry 13 atts. 23 yds. 1.7 avg
V. Young 5 atts. 28 yds. 5.6 avg.
K. Jones 7 atts. 21 yds 3.0 avg.

M. Manningham 5 rec 98 yds. 19.6 avg
C. Davis 4 rec. 87 yds. 1 td 21.7 avg.
B. Jones 2 rec 49 yds. 1 td. 24.5 avg.
E. Diggs 1 rec. 8 yds 1 td 8.0 avg

K. Mitchell 6 tack 3 TFL 1 sack
A. Ayodele 4 tack 1 FFum
T. Bake 2 tack 2 TFL 2 sacks 1 FRec
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 03:31 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Preseason Game #2: Newspaper Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreywill
Titans Blank Raiders. Passing Game Found?

NASHVILLE (AP) -- In the Vince Young Era, all of two plus seasons, the Titans have struggled with the concept of the forward pass. Whether you place those blames on a less than accurate Young or below average receivers the problem has been magnified. Two preseason games into the Jason Griffin regime and the Titans are looking like former Volunteer great Peyton Manning & the Indianapolis Colts throwing the pigskin. Young was 8 for 10 for 151 yards and two touchdowns incuding a 54 yard td to WR Chris Davis. Rookie WR Mario Manningham continued to shine with 5 receptions for 98 yards. Rookie QB Andre Woodson finished with 159 yards passing on 10 for 15 with a touchdown strike.

The defense looked good as they held the Raiders to just 123 yards of total offense including a measly 1 yard rushing for the game. They were helped out by the Raider receivers who dropped an unheard of 9 passes. Rookie DE Tony Bake finished with two sacks and a fumble recovery. LB Kawika Mitchell paced the Titans with 6 tackles.

That sounds about right you kicked my @$$ i think 53-0 in my preseason game lol. And yup my receivers dropped all kinds of passes. more on that later in my thread lol
Old 09-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
Rookie

Preseason Game #2: Next Day Press Conference

Griffin: I don't mean to sound like David Stern, but we have a trade to announce. We have finalized a deal to send LB David Thornton to the Indianapolis Colts for a 7th round draft pick in 2009 & a 4th rounder in 2010. As for yesterday's game I felt really good about the direction our passing game is going. Both Vince & Andre looked real good throwing the ball & the receivers did a good job of getting separation. The defense did a great job holding the Raiders to 1 yard rushing. And I was proud of the way all 11 hats flew to the ball. As for the Atlanta game on Friday, we want to continue to try to air it out. We will keep our starters in just a tad bit longer. Defensively we have been working on our blitz packages and I would like to see more of them in game action. Are there any questions?

Peter King (Sports Illustrated): Coach Griffin, can you tell us about your relationship with your assistant coaches since they were all holdovers from the Jeff Fisher Era?

Griffin: To be honest it was strange at first, but after meeting almost daily this off-season we have developed more of a bond. Look Peter, we all have the same goal and that's to bring a championship to Tennessee. We may have different ideas about how to do it, but when there is a disagreement, as head coach, I have final say. After the season we will sit down and go over if it is in the best interest of the Titans for each particular coach to come back. Heck, I may not be asked back if we don' perform well enough.

King: Do you believe that Vince is making progress and he can be the quarterback to lead this team to a title?

Griffin: I still remember rooting for USC in the BCS championship game against Texas. I remember thinking a team with two Heisman winners, LenDale White & a dozens of future pros couldn't lose. Then a kid from Houston has his say and leads his team to a victory by putting the entire program on his back. Vince is the leader of this team and while we have committed to helping him improve as a passer, we have never questioned Vince as a leader.

King: My sources did tell me that you shopped Vince when you came aboard as a coach. Is this true?

Griffin: Two things Peter. First you have some excellent sources. And two I looked into seeing what Vince's value was just in case we thought he couldn't execute the offense as we needed. However, he removed those fears in the OTA's and in training camp. So now we are looking to give Vince more weapons not give Vince away. Thank you for your time ladies & gentleman. I'm running late for practice.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #24
Rookie

Preseason Game #3: Newspaper Article

Turnover Fest Turns Towards Titans

ATLANTA (AP) -- Both Atlanta & Tennessee were using this game as a barometer for what they can expect this season. If this is what they are to be this season the fans of both teams are in for a painful fall. Both teams combined for 8 turnovers with 6 of the turnovers being fumbles. Nnamdi Asomugha started the festivities with a 92 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown early in the 1st quarter. Both offenses couldn't get much going although the Falcons passed for 204 yards and the Titans ran for 111 yards.

Defensively, Jamal Anderson had 9 tackles and a sack for the Falcons and Albert Haynesworth finished with 5 tackles 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

Atlanta head coach Mike Smith said he was disappointed in his team's overall performance, but he did see some positives in the loss. "Dustin (Keller) performed well both blocking and receiving and Jamal was excellent at the point of attack", Smith said. Tennessee coach Jason Griffin also was disappointed in his team's performance. Griffin said, "I need to figure out why we seemed to take a step backwards offensively. It's a bump in the road, but we have excellent coaches and we will get it fixed." Tennessee concludes the preseason this Thursday at Green Bay.

Team Stats Titans Falcons
Total Offense 206 265
Rushing Yds. 111 61
Passing Yds. 95 204
1st Downs 15 15
Punt Ret. 30 1
Kick Ret. 71 27
Total Yds. 307 293
Turnovers 3 5
3rd Down Conv. 7-14(50%) 1-10(10%)
Penalties 3-25 2-15
Time of Poss. 30:57 29:01