Home

Remember the Titans 2: What the Hell Happened to Doctor-Patient Confidentiality.

This is a discussion on Remember the Titans 2: What the Hell Happened to Doctor-Patient Confidentiality. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Remember the Titans 2: What the Hell Happened to Doctor-Patient Confidentiality.

I have seen a few of these threads from people running their HC '09 dynasties & I enjoyed them so I want to copy them. I am taking over the Tennessee Titans. I chose the superstar personality & I spent my initial 50,000 points on the following special skills:
  • Ambition
  • Charisma
  • Leadership
  • Charm
  • In-Season Seminar
My initial approval is at 66 & I am starting in the off-season. I will hold press conferences & I will take questions from the local & national media. So with that being said let's jump into my introductory press conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Remember the Titans 2: What the Hell Happened to Doctor-Patient Confidentiality.

Nice, what playbooks did you bring in? I had some success fooling around with VY and the spread option pb, and the default blitzing 4-3 i had quite a bit of pressure too
Old 09-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Introductory Press Conference

Johnny Paycheck: Ladies & gentleman I give you the new head coach of the Titans Jason Griffin.

Jason Griffin: Thank you Mr. Paycheck. I assume very few of you know my background but with Coach (Jeff) Fisher moving on the organization wanted to hire someone from within. I have been the head of the mailroom for the Titans for 5 years and when Mr. Paycheck asked for my advice on the next head coach I naturally offered up my name. I have had a close relationship with many of the players as I am usually the one that answers their fan mail & forges their signatures. You here that sound? That's the sound of the price plummeting on a Vince Young autographed football on eBay. In all seriousness I have inherited a team that is in a tough division, but can contend for a Super Bowl title. I will now open the floor up to any questions.

Sal Paolantonio (ESPN): Coach Griffin, is there any truth to the rumor that Vince Young talked of suicide with his therapist after the playoff loss to the Chargers? And also what is his status on the team after this tumultous event?

Griffin: Wow usually people only ask me for postage. Well Mr. Paolantonio, Vince was involved in a situation where his mother & friends couldn't contact him for a few hours & I was called, but there never was a time were we thought Vince was a suicide risk. How does Vince's therapy dialogue get out to the media? Anyway, Vince is the QB of this team for the next 10-12 years. He has been a leader & he will continue to lead this franchise.

Jim Wyatt (Tennesseean): So what are your plans for the team in regards to free agency & the draft?

Griffin: Well my coaches & I will evaluate the roster & begin to formulate a plan to improve in areas where we need to upgrade. I want to try to get a deal done with Albert Haynesworth, Antwan Odom & David Stewart. We will keep an eye out for any free agents that can help us improve & as far as the draft we have to go over film, conduct interviews, attend the combine & generally get to know these young men. Ladies & gentlemen I hate to cut this session short, but I have to go to the grocery store to get some food. I told my wife I would cook tonight. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Re: Remember the Titans 2: What the Hell Happened to Doctor-Patient Confidentiality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer
Nice, what playbooks did you bring in? I had some success fooling around with VY and the spread option pb, and the default blitzing 4-3 i had quite a bit of pressure too
I am using Garrett Pass Attack on offense because I eventually want to replace Young with a pure passer, but keep that between me & you.

I am keeping the Titans defensive playbook because I don't want to overhaul both playbooks. I did think about using the spread option because of Young's skills but decided against it. How well did it work for you? Did Young run a ton? How well did he pass?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreywill
I am using Garrett Pass Attack on offense because I eventually want to replace Young with a pure passer, but keep that between me & you.

I am keeping the Titans defensive playbook because I don't want to overhaul both playbooks. I did think about using the spread option because of Young's skills but decided against it. How well did it work for you? Did Young run a ton? How well did he pass?
I found the spread to be a good fit because of

a) the titans receivers are VERY weak, but can succeed against nickle/dime corners so spread em out and move em around and VY will accidentally find somebody open otherwise:

b) the spread really caters to VYs running ability as there the defense will rarely be in their base set and forced into a wide open field he can scramble successfully very often around and over corners. i wouldnt say he ran a ton but i was pleased in that most of the situations where i started thinking RUN RUN RUN he would pull it down and take it 7 yards. He will never slide though. I just assumed there wasnt a slide animation but Ive seen it a whole bunch with the other teams ive played, VY just dont play that : )

the option aspect i had some success but it honestly opened up vince to way too many big hits and he fumbled every other time, but there were some trick plays I ran with success (wr sweeps were fun). linebackers and hard hitting safeties will destroy VY in the open field if they hit him : (

the only trouble with the playbook is that the running is very weak your fullback will be nonexistent and the way dline penetration works singleback 4 wide sets wont net you too many yards. but lendale white is a bum anyway so i wasnt surprised he stunk.

i also had a very different experience than im sure you will since i was able to trade up in the 08 draft to 1.12 or so and grab mcfadden whos stock was falling. he had most of his success subbing in for the WR sweeps but overall didnt do much (other than teach me to NEVER EVER EVER give a high profile rb touchdown/yards incentives). he had a good year but certainly not great

also, albert haynesworth is a keeper. he is a beast in the interior line.

fwiw ive been using the garret pass attack for my cowboys team and im kind of ambivalent towards it. the most successful running plays for me have been iso's, and the deep passing isnt nearly as prevalent as i was expecting. Theres also more west-coast style 4 wr's all running ins and outs plays that he likes to call than I would ever want to see. Not my style.

Last edited by MeSlayer; 09-19-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Free Agency Period Wrap-Up

Out of the Titans Free Agents here is what I did:
  • Franchised Albert Haynesworth DT (94 ovr.) 1 yr. $9.1 million
  • Tendered RFA David Stewart RT (87 ovr.) $2 million
  • Tendered RFA Reynaldo Hill CB (70 ovr.) $970k
Free Agents Lost:
  • HB Chris Brown
  • TE's Ben Troupe, Bo Scaife, Ben Hartsock
  • LT Daniel Loper
  • LG Jacob Bell
  • LE's Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy
  • DT Randy Starks
  • LOLB Robert Reynolds
  • ROLB Gilbert Gardner
  • CB Chidi Iwuoma
  • FS Vincent Fuller
  • SS Donnie Nickey
Free Agents & Trades Added:
  • CB Nnamdi Asomugha 5 yrs $42 mil. $8 mil bon. (91 ovr.)
  • ROLB Kawika Mitchell 4 yrs $19 mil $2.5 mil bon. (86 ovr)
  • K Rob Bironas 2 yrs $5 mil $500k bon. (90 ovr.)
  • RG Ben Noll 4 yrs $19 mil $2.5 mil bon. (85 ovr.)
  • MLB Odell Thurman 5 yrs $15 mil $2.5 mil bon. (81 ovr.)
  • LT Tom Ashworth 2 yrs 1.3 mil 0 bon. 16 starts $1mil incentive (80 ovr.)
  • RT Maurice Williams 2 yrs $4 mil $500k bon. (83 ovr.)
  • Traded 2008 5th round pick & 2009 4th round pick to Dallas Cowboys for MLB Akin Aydole (84 ovr.)
Press Conference

Griffin: I am pleased with what we did in free agency. We wanted to improve two areas the offensive line & the secondary. In Nnamdi I feel that we got not only the best cover corner in free agency, but a top 3 cover corner in the NFL. It was important for us to resign Albert Haynesworth even though I know he didn't want to be franchised. The additions of Ben Noll, Tom Ashworth & Mo Williams plus resigning David Stewart gives out offensive line quality depth. Also revamping the LB corps with Akin, Odell & Kawika to help out Keith Bulluck gives us one of the best linebacking units in the NFL. We still have to address the tight end position & I would like to also add a receiver or two via trade or the draft. As we approach the draft tommorrow we want to acquire more picks and add to our roster. I have time for one question. Adam.

Adam Schefter (NFL Network): Coach Griffin, what can you tell your fans about bringing in Odell Thurman despite all his off-field troubles?

Griffin: Adam, I think that a change of scenery will do Odell some good, but we definately sat him down & explained to him that this could very well be his last shot. To be honest Adam, in this league talent trumps character. If a guy could help you win you overlook as much as you can. It might not be right and I know that people don't want to hear it but it's the truth. And we feel Odell can help us win. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer
I found the spread to be a good fit because of

a) the titans receivers are VERY weak, but can succeed against nickle/dime corners so spread em out and move em around and VY will accidentally find somebody open otherwise:

b) the spread really caters to VYs running ability as there the defense will rarely be in their base set and forced into a wide open field he can scramble successfully very often around and over corners. i wouldnt say he ran a ton but i was pleased in that most of the situations where i started thinking RUN RUN RUN he would pull it down and take it 7 yards. He will never slide though. I just assumed there wasnt a slide animation but Ive seen it a whole bunch with the other teams ive played, VY just dont play that : )

the option aspect i had some success but it honestly opened up vince to way too many big hits and he fumbled every other time, but there were some trick plays I ran with success (wr sweeps were fun). linebackers and hard hitting safeties will destroy VY in the open field if they hit him : (

the only trouble with the playbook is that the running is very weak your fullback will be nonexistent and the way dline penetration works singleback 4 wide sets wont net you too many yards. but lendale white is a bum anyway so i wasnt surprised he stunk.

i also had a very different experience than im sure you will since i was able to trade up in the 08 draft to 1.12 or so and grab mcfadden whos stock was falling. he had most of his success subbing in for the WR sweeps but overall didnt do much (other than teach me to NEVER EVER EVER give a high profile rb touchdown/yards incentives). he had a good year but certainly not great

also, albert haynesworth is a keeper. he is a beast in the interior line.

fwiw ive been using the garret pass attack for my cowboys team and im kind of ambivalent towards it. the most successful running plays for me have been iso's, and the deep passing isnt nearly as prevalent as i was expecting. Theres also more west-coast style 4 wr's all running ins and outs plays that he likes to call than I would ever want to see. Not my style.
Great post. I am afraid of the fumbling with Young running a lot. I was trying to trade up to get McFadden. I chose Garrett Pass Attack because I wanted a 3,000 yard passer & a 1,200 yard rusher.We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Rookie

2008 Draft Wrap-up

2008 Tennessee Titan Draft Picks:
  • Rd. 2 Pk. 22 Mario Manningham WR Michigan
  • Rd. 4 Pk. 16 Red Bryant DT Texas A&M
  • Rd. 4 Pk. 25 Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
  • Rd. 4 Pk. 28 Jacob Hester FB LSU
  • Rd. 5 Pk. 31 King Dunlap LT Auburn
  • Rd. 6 Pk. 18 Jeremy Leman MLB Illinois
  • Rd. 7 Pk. 13 Kellen Davis TE Michigan St.
  • Rd. 7 Pk. 22 Robert James ROLB Arizona St.
  • Rd. 7 Pk. 31 Jamar Adams SS Michigan
Press Conference:
Griffin: We added 9 young players to the roster who come from tradition rich college programs. We didn't meet all our objectives coming into the draft, but I feel that we did improve. Every player we drafted with the exception of Woodson has a chance to compete for a starting position. I am intrigued with Manningham, who gives us a true deep threat and has great hands. We are going to need his ability to stretch the defense if we want to open up the running game. I'm excited about training camp to get started so that we can begin our journey towards a world championship. Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »