Home

Kansas City Chiefs A Life Long Dream Came True Through His Son

This is a discussion on Kansas City Chiefs A Life Long Dream Came True Through His Son within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Kansas City Chiefs A Life Long Dream Came True Through His Son

ESPN Chris Mortensen reports that it has been announced that the Kansas City Chiefs have fired Head Coach Herman Edwards. This ends Edwards 2-year terror as the HC of the Chiefs, every game it seemed the Chiefs production would go down. The Chiefs gave up a 4th-round pick which the Jets in return took RB/KR Leon Washington, which paid off.

The Chiefs have declared a press conference for this afternoon. In a HUGE turn of events they are announcing unheard of Matt Logmans as the new HC of their franchise. Now you may ask what's the big deal, just because we have not heard of him. Matt Logmans is only 18 years old, he will be the youngest person to ever be hired, well even to be on the staff he is the youngest. What controversy will be created. We will now head over to the press conference for the latest scoop and interview.

Carl Peterson: I would formally like to introduce, our's, your's, the organization's new Head Coach, Matt Logmans.

(Peterson stands up and shakes Matt's hand as they both smile and look at the crowd, who has a nervous, yet shocked look on their face)

Matt Logmans: Thank you Mr. Peterson, it is an honor and a privledge to be before you all today. I know you are all in shock because I am only 18 years old, hell I haven't even graduated college yet, but what an experience. I will not take this for granted. Do not believe that I am only doing this for a cheap thrill or because I was handed anything, I worked hard ever since I could read and understand football. Now, this isn't my dream at all, it's my father's dream I am living. My dad was a die-hard, and I mean die-hard Chiefs fan. He breathed red and yellow all day everyday. I say was a die-hard Chiefs fan because, he has recently passes away.

(Logmans broke down in tears, but tried to keep it cool)

Matt Logmans: I believe I can live his dream through me. I am doing this and took this job because he always wanted the Chiefs to somehow win a Super Bowl, but how great can a feeling that be, if I could do this for him. No matter where he is today. He will know. I know this team needs a lot of help, and well I believe that this organization needs to realize we are infact rebuilding. Everyone has to come to terms, we are in a rebuilding stage, but I will do whatever it takes to restore this franchise to what it was, years past when it was tops in the league in offense, when they did contend for playoff births, when this team did go 13-3. We can get back there.

I do not care if I have to revamp, gut, dissect, every position this team has. I will get rid of players, I will most certainly add players. This team will be very active in free agency this year, while not going too crazy, I believe in building through the draft, and with the amount of draft picks we have this year I believe we can do that.

I will be adding 2 new entirely different playbooks for offense and the defense for this team. The defense will use a lot more variety of attacks, as I take after Jim Johnson's style of play. The man is a defensive genius and anything we can match of him will be amazing. On offense I will call the shots, we will use a spread attack with a very implmenting running style. Whether it calls for a trade of Larry Johnson if he does not fit the style or drafting a RB that suits us, has yet to be seen. I will now take any questions you may have to ask.

Reporter #1: I understand where you are coming from, but what makes you think you can run a professional football team?

Matt Logmans: We will all find out won't we.

Reporter #2: What makes you think these older players, especially veterans will listen to you?

Matt Logmans: If they want to play on Sundays, they will certainly listen. I have a way with people, I can talk to them, just because of my age doesn't make me any different from you, them, or anybody. If they respect me, which they will as I already talked to plenty of people including the likes of Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Johnson, and Donnie Edwards, I will be fine.

Reporter #3: This is absurd, I haven't seen anything like this. It's completely ridiculous.

Matt Logmans: So was your wife in bed. Thank you. Let's get ready for a fun season shall we...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Kansas City Chiefs A Life Long Dream Came True Through His Son

It's Mike and Mike in the morning...

We have here the newest, and youngest Head Coach of the Kansas Chiefs, 18-year old Matt Logmans.

Golic: How are you this morning, coach?

Coach: I'm doing good, I'm getting settled in fast and I want to get to work soon, scouting some free agent players aswell as getting started on my bios for the draft to see what positions we need and what players we need to implement the new playbooks through this draft.

Greeny: How does it feel to be the youngest Head Coach ever?

Coach: Nerv wracking, I have reporters on my tail all the time, I feel like I should be on the Hills.

Golic: Haha, what are your goals for this season?

Coach: I just want to win, Golic. You understand, I want these players to have fun again, this playbook should allow them to have this kind of fun. I am going to make a list of all players I plan to take in the draft. I hope we can just make progress.

Golic: I hear that, you know I'm use to winning, arguments against Greeny of course, and hot dog eating contests.

Greeny: Yeah you're also top of the leader boards in longest bathroom time and pepto bismol sales.

Coach: Haha, you guys are great.

Golic: It was reported that Larry Johnson is unhappy with his teammates and you being the head coach, what's the story behind that.

Coach: Now I have yet to really go into deep discussion with Larry, but if he wants out, he can have it. I will have no distracts for this team and will not tolerate any selfishness. If he doesn't want to fit in, if he can and if he fits this scheme then great, but if not, well we all know what happens.

Greeny: Now you are really an amazing story, doing this for your father, who you were very close to.

Coach: Yes, it's just not for me, but for him. He got me into football. He loved the Chiefs, and everyone knew it. We actually needed to be seperated when our teams played one another, which wasn't often.

Golic: And what may I ask is your team?

Coach: Oh no, we can't go there now. But don't worry, no rivals. Haha.

Greeny: Let's not hope so, because the only rival Golic has is bad meat sauce.

Golic: Atleast my high school rivals never gave me wedgies and shoved me in lockers with week old tuna fish sandwiches.

Greeny: The good old days.

Coach: This is why you guys are quality.

Golic: No, you are quality. Thanks for sticking with us today and we hope to have you again soon by draft time, or anytime really.

Greeny: Yeah, it's been a pleasure.

Coach: Thank you guys, it's been great. I'll definately come back soon.

Last edited by AnOldGoat; 09-20-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Don't mean to pry but, what does this have to do with NFL Head Coach?

There are other forums for this kind of thing.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Banned

I am proud to announce we had a very succesfull free agency this off-season. We were able to obtain core players and fill in the holes at glaring positions that we need to. I may have reached here but I am a man willing to go out and get players that I feel will fit the system and that I feel give us the best chance to win. It's as simple as that, all the criticism in the world can't change that.
  • CB Randall Gay
  • RG Jake Scott
  • LB Terrell Suggs
  • FS Eugene Wilson
  • RB Michael Pittman
  • RB Derrick Ward
  • WR Jabar Gaffney
  • WR Darrell Jackson
  • Trade for RE Elvis Dumervil 2008 5th round draft choice and 2009 5th round draft choice
Old 09-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva

Well, other people did it here so why not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #6
Banned

Matt Logmans: I have called this meeting to discuss our RB situation. Now I do not think Larry Johnson wants to be part of this team anymore. I realize he is on the Trading Block but we have not received any valid offers for him. We can't dump him because well, cap penalties will kill us. I believe we should draft a quality RB, we have our options from Felix Jones to Jonathan Stewart who are my 2 favorite RB in this draft.

Gunther Cunningham: We have 2 first round picks. Our first priority should be the offensive line depending who falls where. I do not believe Jones will fall past the 1st round. I think we should definately target Dorsey with that 1st pick. We need it.

Chan Gailey: Both Jones and Stewart can fit this offense but I believe Jones can do more, especially with the RB we have. I like Stewart but Jones won't believe able I believe. We still HAVE To draft an offensive lineman especially a tackle in the 1st round, aside from that 5th pick. I think if we trade up to get a 3rd 1st round pick, we can then draft either a WR or a CB with that.

Cunningham: The top 5 corners will be gone by then and it isn't worth the reach. A WR should do there.

Logmans: This is a very tough decision. This is what I love about the NFL, it gives me butterflies just thinking. We will have to play it by ear. We will definately not be able to grab all these players as they are all capable of going in the 1st round. If we are leaning toward Jones, we may need a 3rd 1st round pick. Which may be costly.

Last edited by AnOldGoat; 09-20-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva

Don't mean to correct joejccva, but this is Head Coach. He is documenting what is happening in his career. It's a good way for all of us to compare stats, game tendencies, bugs, glitches, anomalies, averages, means, and really really really really really like each other like a family
Old 09-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #8
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm interested in seeing how this goes for you. I am using the Chiefs as well, although I started in the preseason because I am a Chiefs fan and have grown attached to the rookies they have.

I also traded for Dumervil in my first career (before I had to restart due to the injury bug). Dumervil is surprisingly cheap to acquire for being a good pass rusher. And it's nice to know you're getting such a good deal from a division rival.

And I know it's really fun to build from the ground up, especially at skill positions, but don't count LJ out. He's still got gas left in the tank. Felix Jones would be an exciting addition though. Good luck with your draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »