Home

The Houston Texans Step Up To The Big League

This is a discussion on The Houston Texans Step Up To The Big League within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
The Houston Texans Step Up To The Big League

Since my Chiefs career froze on me in the same spot, after the patch. I decided to run a Texans career because the teamlacks some talent but also has some players to work around with Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, DeMeco Ryans, and hopefully Matt Schaub can play well. So here we go, I hope you enjoy and follow this around.

Texans Introduce New Head Coach........Nathan Carter!

Ricky Smith: I would like to introduce the new head coach of the Houston Texans organization - Nathan Carter.

Nathan Carter: Thank you, Mr. Smith. I appreciate everything you have done for me. I realize what you are going to say media, who is this guy? Well let me tell you a little about myself. I am 32 years old. I played football in High School and College, I attended Tennessee at Chattanooga. I played alongside star WR Terrell Owens for 1 year. I was a tailback option along as a defensiveback. I didn't pursue a career in the NFL because I was more interested in being involved with the team from a management stand point. I was hired by the Texans to do behind the scenes work and scouting reports. I made up my own playbook for the Texans and was a serious part of the Texans most productive season last year.

I believe the 2 new systems of offense and defense that I will be implementing into the team will and should be successful once the players learn it. I am a big man on doing whatever it takes to get whoever I feel nessecary. Let me remind you no-one on this team is safe from being cut or traded. Except for a select of 4 players that I have hand chosen that I feel we need to keep. Everyone else should be on their heels which makes you play better. I am strong believer in building through the draft, I will sign and trade for whoever I feel best. I have been taught by one of the best in the history of the NFL, Bill Parcells on scouting players. I will be scouting hard this years draft as I feel it is very deep in talent. Now we don't have many draft picks this year but hopefully I can change that. It may cost but it should be worth it. Also I must re-sign who I feel I must to retain competition. As of right now Matt Schaub will still be the starting QB unless anything drastically changes. I have nothing else to add at this point and will not take any questions until I deem nessecary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
Banned

Re: The Houston Texans Step Up To The Big League

I am proud to announce what we have did this off-season in Free Agency.
  • Traded 2009 4th and 6th round draft pick for LG Russ Hochstein
  • Signed CB Nnamdi Asomugha 5yrs/42 mil
  • Signed FS Ken Hamlin 4yrs/17 mil
  • Signed OLB Kawika Mitchell 4yrs/19 mil
  • Traded CB Fred Bennet to New Orlean Saints for 2nd round(40th) pick
  • Signed RG Ben Noll 4 yrs/19 mil
  • Signed LB Odell Thurman 5yrs/14.5 mil
  • Signed P Mitch Berger 1yr/1 mil
  • Signed OLB Victor Hobson 2 yr/4.40 mil
I am proud that we signed so many key veterans to our squad. I know we spent a TON of money, but I think we still have enough to sign our draft picks. We were only able to gain a few extra draft picks not a lot as I hoped but we also addressed a ton of needs.

Nnamdi Asomugha is probably one of the best pure cover corners in the league and is very underrated. He should be able to start right away and help the defense greatly improve. Ken Hamlin is another Pro Bowl safety who came from Dallas in what he helped revamp that defense, hopefully he can do the same. He has a knack for the ball. Kawika Mitchell comes over with a Super Bowl Ring which gives us a ton of experience, he is an underrated pass rusher as a LB who can really bring on some pressure for us.

Getting rid of Fred Bennet I wasn't really too thrilled about but we needed to get some more draft picks to be effective. That backs up my earlier statements of no-one is safe for what you get anymore. If there is a good deal. I will not hesistate to jump on it. Trading for Hochstein and signing Noll was huge boost to our very poor offensive line. These two strong men can really help pave-way for a hopeful run game this season. Hobsob can be a great 2-way player playing either side strong or weak while also being as great back-up. Odell Thurman I decided to give a chance, he has been in trouble but still has the talent to hopefully help us out.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Banned

Wow guys, I don't think it's my week for lucky. I forgot to save this game, I thought I quick saved it before I went to bed but I think I turned off my 360 before it fully saved.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldGoat
Wow guys, I don't think it's my week for lucky. I forgot to save this game, I thought I quick saved it before I went to bed but I think I turned off my 360 before it fully saved.
yeah, because how many franchise threads you have on here now oldgoat? lol
Old 09-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #5
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Haha, yeah, you're going to run out of catchy titles. (Or teams, I'm not sure which will come first.)

I'm just messin' though. I always like reading about other people's careers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
3 lol The one froze due to the patch and this one I forgot to save. Not to lucky, if something happens to the other one I quit!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyJefferson
Haha, yeah, you're going to run out of catchy titles. (Or teams, I'm not sure which will come first.)

I'm just messin' though. I always like reading about other people's careers.
I can never run out of catch titles!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »