Home

NCAA Head Coach....

This is a discussion on NCAA Head Coach.... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:49 AM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: NCAA Head Coach....

NCAA Headcoach= Me Divorced.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:20 AM   #10
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
> I'm not sure why EA refuses to put any effort into
> HC, it has a lot of potential to people who REALLY
> love the mental aspect of football.

"The answer to this is quite simple. We, just like you, thought there was a large audience of folks that love the mental aspect of football. Based on sales data for HC (which I can't talk about specifically), the market for this kind of game is extremely small in the US. Games like this do much better in Europe but American Football isn't at all popular across the pond.

If more people bought the game, we'd do it again. In our opinion, Head Coach 09 is a incredibly deep experience that's done at a high level of quality. The fact that sales are nowhere near that of our other football products makes it a difficult business decision to continue with that product.

Probably said too much. I'm out...

Phil"

Football is massive in Europe hence the 90,000 tickest for last years and this years NFL matches sold in 90 minutes. But EA dont release on pal so most europeans cannot play! Only the ps3 owners which i am. i have not got a copy yet due to expense but will very soon now patch out! As you say coaching games very popular over here mainly on pc tho. Consoles are for younger guys mainly so button thrashing is there thing.
Iam gona love this game as iam useless at Madden and NCAA as i am a rubbish QB. Loved coach mode but that gone so this is perfect game for me!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:28 AM   #11
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

To Answer original question sorry!Would love to have NCAA Headcoach, i enjoyed my first game of NCAA as could not play until ps3 came out as i could sim offence and call defence plays!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 AM   #12
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

I would be far less interested in NCAA Head Coach than NFL. I would certainly never want to see an NCAA Head Coach if it is at all at the expense of NFL Head Coach. I don't want to sound like I'm against its existence or anything, because I am all for people having options. It just isn't my cup of tea. I think maybe it's because you only have your players for 4 years. And there aren't any trades or anything. You're basically stuck with the roster the way you recruited it. And drafting in my opinion is way more fun than recruiting.

But again, just my opinion.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Perfect World:
-Scrap Madden....its been rubbish for almost 10 years now
-Scrap NCAA FOOTBALL....it hasn't even caught up to its PS2 titles yet
+Pour all Madden resources into a 2 year dev cycle with Head Coach
+Pour all NCAA resources into NCAA HC on a 2 year dev cycle offset frm NFL HC

-never see the light of day again
+++ PROFIT
Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Mafia
Perfect World:
-Scrap Madden....its been rubbish for almost 10 years now
-Scrap NCAA FOOTBALL....it hasn't even caught up to its PS2 titles yet
+Pour all Madden resources into a 2 year dev cycle with Head Coach
+Pour all NCAA resources into NCAA HC on a 2 year dev cycle offset frm NFL HC

-never see the light of day again
+++ PROFIT
Although I would personally be very much in favor of this, I think your last point there (+++ profit) is wrong. Although I, like most people here enjoy the Head Coach game with its better attempt at realism than an arcade game like madden, I dont see it as being a game with as much appeal to the broader public. This is the big problem with the HC series. Madden is a big hit because people can go 1 on 1 against eachother and a lot of people prefer that to actual realistic gameplay. I know a lot of people who buy madden every year and never even play one franchise. Most of these people spent the whole year in Iraq trying to get me to bet them on games of madden and play them for like $20 a game. They somehow think it is a way of showing dominance over other people. Now, without any HC 09 to play while I was over there I did learn to play madden pretty well and was able to destroy most of them but that is beside the point.
Along these lines though I think HC would really benefit from some sort of head to head gameplay. Maybe a split screen deal during the out of game stuff or even better being able to do it online in a career mode. That would really add a lot to it and bring out some of the competitiveness of madden allowing it to be more competitive with the madden series
Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #15
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
ha, where do you work??? I'm telling your boss! oh and can i be on the payroll?
I work in the Mutual Fund industry. We actually have a PS3 and a Wii in the breakroom. It's no big deal since we all pooled our money and brought them. As for my boss, he is the best player on the floor..
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »