Home

Why would a QB run the ball himself on 4th and 15

This is a discussion on Why would a QB run the ball himself on 4th and 15 within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Why would a QB run the ball himself on 4th and 15

yes, they move some within the pocket, but they never move outside of it. Now from the standpoint of someone with some computer programming experience I understand where it would be tough to make someone do this. It is much easier to make a yes or no try to run for positive yards action. That said, I would like to see them try to incorporate some out of the pocket movement to avoid the rush and still be able to throw because it is such a big part of pretty much every QBs game these days. Even slower QBs do it anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

Ok, I had one that was close to it, but he broke a tackle right before so that coulda been what pushed him out of the pocket. I dont know but it looked almost like a real qb sitting back there reacting to pressure. Problem is even if it wasnt just being forced out by the missed tackle, once in a couple hundred games isnt enough
Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #27
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

Thought when I saw the title you were the Raiders, J. Russel does it all the time and mostly when there's a totally wide open receiver about 10yds right in front of him. Drove me nuts, also tried using Josh Johnson but he did the same thing, if you have a scrambler that is a Rookie (not much awarness) or J. Russel whose too distracted by his 30 million dollar signing bonus to play football, it will drive you nuts.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 26

when i had andre woodson he would NEVER move around in the pocket. he would just stare downfield as i watched the Dline get off blocks and knock him out lol but he would still make huge plays with his arm.

on the other hand ive also had josh johnson n i loved to see him move once or twice in the pocket then just run down field for the big play....or the big hit haha

maybe if a QB has 65+ they are more likely to move around the pocket/run with the ball. i cant be to sure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »