Home

Question about starting your franchise

This is a discussion on Question about starting your franchise within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question about starting your franchise

Now I don't have the game so I have no clue how this works. But I see threads about people scouting the rookie class that is already in the NFL and contributing in real life. Is there a way I can start a game where the draft picks are on there real teams like in real life? Or do I have to do the 08 draft and people like Flacco end up on the Falcons, etc.

I guess before I lay down 40 bucks on this game that I would like to know if there are timeline options before you start your franchise. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Question about starting your franchise

There are two:

One starting before the draft and one starting at this beginning of training camp. Starting at training camp will have all of this year's drafted players on their actual teams.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Your options are:

-Start in the offseason (right after the SB) in which case you have to redo free agency and the draft. When starting your career this way, starting rosters are frozen, ie you can't use a roster update.

-Start at the begining of preseason so that free agents and drafted players are on hteir respective teams. When doing this you can use the most up to date roster that's been released. You could for example use the new roster accurate as of this week and the guys will be on their current team even though they may not have been at the start of preseason.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Your options are:

-Start in the offseason (right after the SB) in which case you have to redo free agency and the draft. When starting your career this way, starting rosters are frozen, ie you can't use a roster update.

-Start at the begining of preseason so that free agents and drafted players are on hteir respective teams. When doing this you can use the most up to date roster that's been released. You could for example use the new roster accurate as of this week and the guys will be on their current team even though they may not have been at the start of preseason.

Thanks. I'll definately be using the Start at the pre-season mode with updated rosters. Will Brady be on IR...etc. As a Bills fan that would be a major plus.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

you can also edit rosters frm the front end if you want to get compensated for a team's offseason trade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
Thanks. I'll definately be using the Start at the pre-season mode with updated rosters. Will Brady be on IR...etc. As a Bills fan that would be a major plus.
No, because Brady was not on IR for start of pre-season. However, in the roster patch they did lower his leg health.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »