Home

Clarification on drafts.

This is a discussion on Clarification on drafts. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Clarification on drafts.

I'm a little confused about the draft class', and I'm wondering if someone can clear this up for me.

So, I just started a career, and the 09 draft is the Jack English draft. As I understand it right now, there are 4 different draft paths you can get. Does that mean from now on since I got the English draft, I won't see Boar Jackson, or Maceo Sweeteny? Or will I?

When they say the drafts are random, does that just mean that English may come in the 09 draft, and then in a year or two the Kain draft comes up. Or is the English draft, Kain draft, Sweetney draft, and so on, all their own completely different sets of 15 years, and I could hypothetically do 4 seperate careers, and never see the sames guys until I get the English draft again the 5th time I start a career?

I hope that makes sense.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #2
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

Re: Clarification on drafts.

Wow, 35 views and not a soul knows the answer. Thanks guys!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:02 AM   #3
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

OVR: 2

I am pretty sure they are four different set paths with set orders, not random. So everyone who starts with Jack English will get the same 15 drafts in the same order. I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

A) Jack English ---->year 2----->3--->4--->5-->6-->7->8->so on

B) Mike Zazzali ---->year 2----->3--->4--->5-->6-->7->8->so on

C) third set ---->year 2----->3--->4--->5-->6-->7->8->so on

D) fouth set ---->year 2----->3--->4--->5-->6-->7->8->so on

There's four completely independent draft lines and once your's is 'announced' you are on THAT line and no cross overs.

You can do what I do...save a day or two before the FIRST draft report on the FIRST season and if its not one you want, just restart and repeat until you get the draft line you want. I am currently working with the English draft exclusively as I 'learn' the game. When I have my system and knowledge to where I want it, I will do my next career on the Zazzali draft...that STILL leaves me two other entirely unknown drafts for me to experience

But yeah, a 15 year 'path' is exclusive and identified by the FIRST year.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #5
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

OVR: 2

Someone once posted that they wished the game had random draft classes with random players because having set drafts limits the game's replay value.

To me, having set drafts gives the game RIDICULOUS replay value. I've spent many hours with the game and am in year two of the Jack English line. And I want to experience all the drafts!

Jack English was drafted by one of my division rivals, so I now have a front row seat to see how his career turns out (and even have an effect on it). With random players, that wouldn't be any fun at all. But I feel like Jack English is an actual player, through Schefter's hype of him and the whole scouting process. It makes everything more interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Oh Curley, you hit it RIGHT on the head! I am in my SECOND series of the Jack English draft...I was able to trade up and get him both times...first set he was picked as the 3rd overall but this last time I had to take him first overall(took my 14th overall, 1st next season AND my starting 85+ov LE ).

I used my first run through 'scouting' and added my current 10+ scouting players and found some great players...actually got L.James LATE in the 6th round(I was TRYING to let another team take him...).

But the specialness(wd?) of the way they did these draft 'paths' is incredible. If this title doesn't win Sports Game of the Year it will be a travesty!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Kingfish, what date do you save on that's right before the draft class is selected?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

I tested it myself, and you can save anytime right before preseason week 4 is over. i saved in opreseason week 3 right after my third game, and played until the regualr season starts. I quit, and reloaded a few times and saw different drafts each time, all starting right at the regular season. So just save right before the regular season begins.

Thanks for your answers guys. I agree...this was the game has a ton of replayability. The amount of time it will take us to go through 4 drafts the entire 15 years is a ton of hours to play the game.

I hope they add onto this in future releases, and give us more drafts, more players, and a longer time period to play a career, rather than just 15 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »