Home

what is the hardest team?

This is a discussion on what is the hardest team? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
what is the hardest team?

what do you guys think is the hardest team to take over? imo its easily oakland in the preseason. ive tried miami and atlanta in the offseason, and was wondering what the harder teams are for the offseason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: what is the hardest team?

IMO the Texans are very hard to start with. Ugh. They don't have much depth at all bro.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 12

The 49ers seem pretty hard although that's the only team I've tried. But their biggest problem is Alex Smith. The guy can only run a couple of series before getting injured and being out for 2-3 weeks. Not once have I had him make it through an entire game without being injured. It's not even worth trying to give him any playing time because with all the injuries you'll never be able to get his playbook knowledge up. So I've been making him the third stringer behind Shaun Hill and JT O'Sullivan. And of course if you cut Smith you take a 12 million dollar cap penalty.

Last edited by sixtydashone; 09-27-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

preseason it would be miami probably although I havent tried them there. offseason, miami is easy because you can trade and get both of KCs picks and then some and you can easily get a good draft. KC you can get three good draft picks pretty easy in the 1st round. You and even get 4 1st round picks if you want and without much trouble. St louis is pretty easy as well, good talent and great draft position. Oakland, I dont know, havent tried, but I wouldnt think they would be too tough. NYJ some people say is tough but I had no problems with. San Fran could be tough, not a ton of talent, a lot of big contracts, and not very strong draft position but Martz helps them a lot. Detroit is also tough. A couple of great players but weak oline and very few quality players on D and a mid 1st round pick and only one good coach.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Starting my career again post patch, for me Miami. I'm 0-4 so far. I'm actually enjoying losing games and rebuilding. I just hope i don't get fired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Oakland is not so bad. You have some young quality on defense. You have a high draft pick which I usually can turn into Dallas's two first round picks and their second round pick to boot. Trade down one of the first round picks, draft a lot of the sleepers the game tells you about, and you turn into a respectable team by mid-season.

Still, you end up with a middle-high draft pick for the next season. Trade that down, get some sleepers, and you are a playoff team.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

I've tried Chicago, Philly, The Saints, and Raiders.

If you get a team with a solid D you can do good. I love using the Raiders, can rob those Cowboys picks to get some good depth, only think that stinks is staying under the cap room with them. They have way too many horrible players making mad jack. I'm in year 3 and finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, will have 47 mil cap room for next year and 90% of my team is signed for 2+ years. Took forever to rid of some of the horrible contracts.

Also trade for a QB if you want to be good quick....but I did make the playoffs with J. Russell the first year but with a insane running game, McFadden.

In the second year I traded for Cutler and that made a world of difference, League and Super Bowl MVP....and won the Superbowl in just the second year.

The Key was a insane defense that ranked number 1 or 2 both years. Have great secondary but have to move guys, Hamlin makes a killer SS was getting like 6 TFL every game would tackle the RB in the backfield all the time. Huff Keep at FS and move Wilson to a CB for Depth there. Hall is awesome as the 2nd CB and get a #1 CB through the Draft or Tag their CB (don't ask me to spell it but he's a 91 and begins with a A).

Anway Chicago probably easier cause of their D, but I hated playing with them.

Philly and Saint too easy, a lot of talent already there.

Good Luck and Have fun.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Miami, I can't win with that team no matter what I do.

I gave up on them and am now doing a Career with the Rams. Much more fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »