Home

Giving up on Head Coach

This is a discussion on Giving up on Head Coach within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #17
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Giving up on Head Coach

I'm unfortunately in the same boat as the OP. This was the one thing that I was hoping would be fixed but oh well. I've had this issue on my PS3 and I went to my parent's house and tried it out on their PS3 and it does the same thing on that one. I didn't think about deleting all the files and reinstalling though. I'll give that a shot today.

Oh, and for Embraer, whenever I have this problem occur, I just save, quit the game, re-startup the game, and continue from where I've saved. While it's not ideal, I do actually get to progress in the game because I'm not letting the game freeze first. It's just making lemonade out of lemons.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 09-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #18
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

As others have asked on here, have you tried a second or even a third disk?

If you can find a place to rent the game just a cheap rental could answer the question. If you get it home and it still freezes up, take it back and complain...they might send you home with a SECOND disk and if it too fails...its gotta be tied to your system.

I know both the X360 and the PS3 are just a basic PC...i know if my PC has a memory stick that has a flaky bit/byte it will lock and freeze up at odd times and often not at all on some games...since this is not a more widespread happening...it could be something in the way the game is processed by the memory or different processors.

Testing a different disk would help to rule out a flawed copy of the game...just a thought.

Last edited by Kingfish; 09-29-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

No, I've only tried the copy I got from the Madden CE. I'm fairly certain it's the disc since the 2 PS3s I've tried it on were bought on opposite sides of the country and months apart from each other(just ruling out that there's a small flaw in a certain bunch of PS3s) and that both PS3s haven't frozen with any other game. So, I could give renting a copy a try but I'd prefer to not throw away $8 just to find out. And I highly doubt that I could go back to Gamestop and swap out copies of the Madden CE that I got on the release day. Unless...could I go to Wal-Mart and say that I lost the receipt and that I was having issues and wanted to get a new copy? ...Something to ponder.

But anyway, I'm going to give the reinstall idea a try first and see if that works. The only way that I think this could be a system issue is if the game has a problem the original 60GB option...and I think that even that would be a stretch.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »