Home

Giving up on Head Coach

This is a discussion on Giving up on Head Coach within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
Rookie

Embraer's Arena

OVR: 2
Giving up on Head Coach

This is an extension of my post in another thread.

Ever since I bought this game I have been unable to play it because it constantly freezes on me. I always start in the off season and so far have only been able to make it to the regular season ONCE.

I thought the patch would fix these problems. Today I downloaded the patch for my PS3 version and updated the rosters. Well wouldn't you know it: the audio cut out before ever reaching the RFA portion, and the game began a steady nose dive from that point on. I continued to play, even though I knew what was coming. Eventually the game began to drag along so bad I just shut it off because the freeze would happen shortly.

This game is unplayable. It is not my PS3 that is the problem. I have many other games and have NEVER experienced even one freeze, crash, or lockup with any of them. This is an NFL Head Coach 09 problem.

It does no good to ask "in what phase of the game does it freeze?" Or, "What exactly were you doing when it froze?" Why?

Because I have had this game freeze on me during a variety of different situations. Everything from looking at a players profile, the scouting screen, the draft, a free agent bid, etc....

There is a serious glitch with this game. I did a google search and found that MANY other people out there are experincing the same freezing problem. It appears this patch did not fix the one issue that makes this game unplayable.

Unfortunantly this problem doesn't seem to be as big a concern because it isn't generalized for some reason. Thats right, there are some of you out there who have yet to experience this issue for one reason or another. So even though a very large number of customers who purchased this game are experiencing freezes there are enough of you out there who aren't that EA seems to be washing their hands clean of this issue.

Well, I like so many others out there have had enough. My copy along with the strategy guide is now up for sale on both Ebay and Amazon. It seems many others out there are doing the same from the many internet searches I have done on the subject. This is just too bad. I had such high hopes for this game.

Just a note: Next time you-EA-decide to release a game think about this. Don't release it with so many bugs. And furthermore, don't take out perfectly good features that were present in the 06 version.

Where is the ability to actually run you practices? Where is the ability to actually TALK to individual players during a game? This nonsense of random "reactions" is just plain stupid, sorry. In a real game a coach can turn around and talk to his players anytime he wants to. We had that ability in the 06 version. Why was it taken out? Why were the practice sessions taken out? Why are we no longer to actually create our coach and customize his appearance? Why was this game released with such a horrible bug????

Last edited by Embraer; 09-29-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Giving up on Head Coach

Did you start a new career after getting the patch?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Embraer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Did you start a new career after getting the patch?
I sure did.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

I Just started a brand new carreer and about 10 days before preseason game loses sound again just like it did prepatch then freezes and causes my PS 3 to restart. DID THEY EVEN FIX ANYTHING? POST PATCH AND EVERYTHING IS STILL BROKEN!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer
I sure did.
Do you know anyone else with a PS3 that you could use for a few mins to try the game out on their machine?

It might be good to know if its the disk or your machine. I would guess if it happens on the other PS3 it is a flaw on the Disk if it doesn't then its your machine...

Just a thought...and I feel for ya. They did fix a LOT of the bugs and whatnot in this game and I'm sorry that you're missing out on it.

Best of luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Try it on an Xbox 360.. the game works great!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

You have got to go and delete the old files....then reinstall/play. I'am talking about all of the game, not just the saved files. This should help out...mine did the same thing.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGKoul
Try it on an Xbox 360.. the game works great!
Now, now...lets not start a console flame war...lets stay united for a greater Head Coach future.

I'm Kingfish and I approved this message...sorry...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »