Home

Ultimate Playbook

This is a discussion on Ultimate Playbook within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Icon14 Ultimate Playbook

I wish I could share this playbook with you but you can create your own.

I started with Martz's plays, and then I removed a dozen of the plays I didn't like, then I added the QB runs, options, passes, wildcat formations from the spread option playbook, along with the 5 WR gun plays. Then to balance it out I added the very effective zone running plays the Broncos use.

I simmed the first 2 years and just GM'd to get to the ultimate weapon for this offense Darius Pryor, I'm the Chargers and I traded most of the team except for McNeil, although he's next since I have Selvin Lankford and I don't want to give him a new big contract.

I've had the #1 offense both years, and now that I have Pryor watch out. I was getting about 320 yards passing a game and 120 yards rushing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ultimate Playbook

My next career i was gonna make a playbook of martz's book.

Actually now I have my playbook off of Peyton's Spread Attack. Took out a bunch of crap plays and some the dumb running plays added in some pass plays and a bunch of created run plays and PA passes i made. My philosophy is in playcall is set to power running though when i sim games I get about 300-400 pass yards a game avg about 30-40 att. Rushing is usually about 10-15 att (wierd huh?? for power running play calling!) around 40-50 yards.

My D playbook is craaazzzy I started in spagnola d book. took out alot of the zone plays i hated and added in a ton of man blitzs and only kept the zone blitzes from the pressure nickel and pressure dime. also got some base 2 deep coverage. My def normally ranks top 10 in league but last 4 years lead league in sacks and INT's with the #1 run D but the #20ish pass D but i win and win big so i can careless giving up pass yards when my team dominates in the red zone.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

curious if you ever seen your QB pitch the ball on an option play? i've yet to see it.

I line up my HB at QB position more and let him run it seems to gain waaaay more yards then off reg running plays...
Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
MVP

I've seen him pitch and handoff on the jet sweeps. He does keep alot though.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

I guess its an age thing...and what you were exposed to as a youth in football. My playbook is based on the "west coast" set BUT...i rip it completely up. I run an "I form" and a "Split"...I have enough "Shotgun" plays to help IF i fall behind late but I will drop this on my next career.

90% of my runs come out of the "I" and of those its prolly on 4-8 plays thats used virtually all the time. I use "play-action" passes to excess but I have a few quick hits to the TE and a couple of longer over the middle types 5 steps that I use.

Like I said, its all about how you were brought up and what you saw as successful in high school ball.

"3 yards and a cloud of dust?" Your bet because, "3 yards a play gives you a first on 4th EVERY time!"...theres my philosophy, right there...BORING but it wins games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
MVP

True Kingfish, but I played defense my whole life and I love grind it out, smash mouth, muddy, wet, snow type of football games when I'm playing BUT as a fan I have always been drawn to the passing offenses life the Run and Shoot and now the college spread. My 1998 Vikings were a dream come true and then a few years later when Daunte had one of the best passing seasons ever I was in fan heaven so you can see why I have some much distain for Brad Childress and his "kick azz" offense.

I have always wondered why I am so diferent as a fan and as a player, I have complete opposite tastes.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

How are you doing this editing? When I try to edit playbooks I can't add formations or anything. All I can do is remove plays from the current playbook.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode
How are you doing this editing? When I try to edit playbooks I can't add formations or anything. All I can do is remove plays from the current playbook.
I'm pretty sure he created one before starting a career. I did the same thing. You can add whatever you want then.

One glitch with it though is that some of the plays I added to the custom book show up twice in the interface in my career. If I remove one of them both of them go away. Frustrating!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »