Home

GM scouting skills unlocked 100% fo schools, what's the point of scouting?

This is a discussion on GM scouting skills unlocked 100% fo schools, what's the point of scouting? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: GM scouting skills unlocked 100% fo schools, what's the point of scouting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316
Has anyone figured out how to correct the bug that makes my game freeze everytime I try to learn big schools with my GM's special skills?
Hire a different GM who has all 3 already. It is the only way.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:37 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

I was was able to buy that skill with my GM.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:17 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescrzy
simple fix would be to get rid of player comparisions

on a side note, are there any drafts where almost the whole 1st round are busts? because that has definetly happened more than once in the past 15 years
It is a rare error that appears with lower skilled GM's. I have only had it happen when I fired my GM and hired a new one. It made me a sad pony.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional
Personally i dont think player personality and such really matters all that much in game. Doesnt seemed to be weighed alot into the overall game, at least less then it should

I found that it matters a lot in re-signing players, I have some guys even when i move them and all their stats drop to 64 overall and 68 pot the players still want over 5 mill a year cause of their personality, all they want is the Jack!!! too bad my enitre WR core is like that, I'll never re-sign any of them. Just letting you know that it's important if there's someone you want to keep around.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #21
Rookie

Agree wholeheartedly that the unlock schools special skills are TOO strong. Sure give us an improved % when gaining the skill but not to 100%. The scouting and draft are great plus points of the game, we dont want it being made easy. Half the fun is discovering the hidden gem or two...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #22
Rookie

It is nice that the skills are there for people who want them. If you want a challenge, do not use them, simple as that.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #23
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkebotXP
It is nice that the skills are there for people who want them. If you want a challenge, do not use them, simple as that.
Balancing the game should not be the player's responsibility. Having to ignore a part of the game just so I don't dominate kind of cheapens the experience, at least for me. Multiple difficulty levels would be an extremely welcome addition. Then, those who struggle can have things easier, and those who seek a challenge can have it without having to gimp the game for themselves.

And I know the difficulty level is supposed to come from the team you pick, but it just doesn't work that way. The quality of team you start out with quickly becomes irrelevant when you draft a Pro Bowler with every pick. And I went 12-4 my first year with the Chiefs before ever even drafting, so there wasn't enough of a challenge even without the easy drafts factoring in.

I really love just about everything about this game except for the difficulty level. And that kind of kills it for me. I'm still very glad I bought it though. Hopefully there will be another one that is balanced and more of a challenge, and it will be my dream game.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 AM   #24
Rookie

The balance in the game comes from ALL of the various options you have at your disposal. If you choose to upgrade skills, expect the intended results. If you look through the history of NFL teams, you will see ones with strong GMs will have a tendency to draft better players.
It would not be realistic to have a GM who does not get better with experience. If you find that having a strong GM makes the game too easy because you are skilled at drafting, do not use one. Nerfing the entire scouting process because a few players have mastered the game is never the answer. The complexity of this game allows anyone to play at the level of difficulty they choose. The developers should not have to remove GM skills because you refuse to not train them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »