Home

Clearing the Cache...

This is a discussion on Clearing the Cache... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Clearing the Cache...

...or how I learned to stop worrying and love the game again!

So, got my first actual "OMG FREEEEEEEZE" today when it comes back and says unable to read disk.

I've had problems where the game would 'hang' for 2-20 seconds especially in the 1st qt. But its always cleared up by halftime. I am guessing now that THIS was actually the crashes folks have been talking about.

So, if I clear my 360s cache, what am i going to do to the system really? I have a couple of games that I play a LOT of...Rock Band being one of them and I have a VAST amount of space taken up with downloaded songs...I also paid to move my RB1 songs from the disk over to the HDD.

Will clearing the cache wipe any of that stuff out or is it like clearing your temp Internet files on your PC?

Also, what is the process to clear it again...i found it once but wasn't brave enough to actually do it.

Just some guidance and a pat on the head here is all I need...thanks for your time.
K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: Clearing the Cache...

yeah I had the same question. I have lots of DLC and downloaded rosters and whatnot and didn't want to lose any of that, but I went ahead and did it anyway. But I haven't played anything other than HC since I did it so I can't say for sure. But anyway here's the code:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11131/...Code-Revealed/
Old 10-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Hey, thanks much for that! As much as I want to fix this issue...I do NOT want to deal with 'losing' my wife's custom Piñatas for her Viva Piñata ...or all our songs for RB/RB2...i have like 5GB of them and WAY too much money tied up in them. I could prolly redownload all of it for free but heck, its a years worth of downloads
Old 10-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
Hey, thanks much for that! As much as I want to fix this issue...I do NOT want to deal with 'losing' my wife's custom Piñatas for her Viva Piñata ...or all our songs for RB/RB2...i have like 5GB of them and WAY too much money tied up in them. I could prolly redownload all of it for free but heck, its a years worth of downloads
Clearing the cache does not remove any of the games, dlc, etc. That would happen only if you picked the Format option.

The only and I mean only thing that will be removed when you clear the cache are the game patches which you will have to re-download. That's it nothing else. I do it every once and awhile.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanalogkid
Clearing the cache does not remove any of the games, dlc, etc. That would happen only if you picked the Format option.

The only and I mean only thing that will be removed when you clear the cache are the game patches which you will have to re-download. That's it nothing else. I do it every once and awhile.
Yup...had another crash this morning and said 'what the heck...' and cleared the cache. Redownloaded the patch and then the roster and I am set now. Thanks all for the help here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Another thing that seemed to help me, or it could have been a coincidence...

I cleared the cache as mentioned, plus I NEVER start the game with a disc in the drive.

No idea if either of those truly work, but since doing both of those things, I haven't had a freeze or crash yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »