Home

So I have been away from the forums for a while - is the game hard now?

This is a discussion on So I have been away from the forums for a while - is the game hard now? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
So I have been away from the forums for a while - is the game hard now?

My buggest problem pre-patch was that the game was just too easy - rolling to a 14-2 record with the Niners, etc (same problem many people have had).

Any change post patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So I have been away from the forums for a while - is the game hard now?

Yes and no. The passing game is not as easy as it was. It is definitely more challenging to get a team going. Now once you put together a great team and a great coaching staff you can start to dominate but don't expect it to happen quickly. YOu can be competetive early on though with a bad team but no you're not going 14-2 with teh Niners.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredor
Yes and no. The passing game is not as easy as it was. It is definitely more challenging to get a team going. Now once you put together a great team and a great coaching staff you can start to dominate but don't expect it to happen quickly. YOu can be competetive early on though with a bad team but no you're not going 14-2 with teh Niners.
And again, maybe you will...I had a 14-2 season with the Dolphins post patch...just simming to get through it so I could move onto another team. Now I redid the season and went 7-9 and then 6-10 but odds are you won't have a 'magic' season like that but it COULD happen. Just saying.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

I went 12-4 with the niners in year 1 and went on to win the superbowl.

imo, the difficulty is all in the learning curve. I found the game to be extremely difficult until I started figuring out how things work and started making better decisions as far as personnel moves and playcalling, gameplanning, assigning special skills and all that. But I must have restarted my career like a dozen times in order to get to that point.

Last edited by sixtydashone; 10-02-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: oops, I went 12-4 not 14-2
Old 10-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Rookie

The 49ers win too much when simming. The Martz playbook in the game is not what he is doing in real life. When simming they barely run the ball. These coach playbooks need to be organically updated through the year, Martz needs the I in his because he is running it FO SHO!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

They probably hardly ever run the ball because the Niners running game in head coach SUCKS lol. Seriously my first year I averaged like half a yard per carry with Gore. That just ain't right imo.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

I think if there is an end of season update things like the playbooks and what-not could be fixed BUT, I've heard that M$ and $ony charge for putting out additional patches beyond 1(or2). Roster updates are ok and they can do those as often as they feel they need to but to change data in a teams playbook would be something more akin to a game update(patch)...and since they've already put out two of those...I kinda doubt we see another for this game.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

The Falcons are a bit different experience to start with. They are a fun team to play GM with since they have great draft picks, and tons of salary cap space but their playbooks and coaching staff is just plain horrible. You're going to have to put everything in yourself and develop a bunch of rookies with below average coaches.

I started a new franchise and dominated on defense in year one but it took me a bit of time to get things together on O.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »