Home

CPU Tendencies?

This is a discussion on CPU Tendencies? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CPU Tendencies?

Is there a skill that will give more info on the CPU's players in the huddle?
I'm gettting tired of sending out a Dime when the tendencies tell me the CPU is going with 4 WR, and then they come out in the I. Or sending out a Goalline when tendencies say 0 WR, and then seeing the CPU O roll out 5 wide.
Is there a way around this?
This is really driving me crazy and ruining my enjoyment of the game. I hope its something that I'm missing, or something that will improve with coach development.
Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: CPU Tendencies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFer
Is there a skill that will give more info on the CPU's players in the huddle?
I'm gettting tired of sending out a Dime when the tendencies tell me the CPU is going with 4 WR, and then they come out in the I. Or sending out a Goalline when tendencies say 0 WR, and then seeing the CPU O roll out 5 wide.
Is there a way around this?
This is really driving me crazy and ruining my enjoyment of the game. I hope its something that I'm missing, or something that will improve with coach development.
Any help?

I'm having the same issue also. I mention this in my thread. The AI needs to be fixed to allow it to read personnel. My cpu opponent also can't read my personnel. I called 4WR on 1st down and they come out in 4-3 Base defense. Also my cpu opponent has (I-formation) on the screen and when they come out they are in 4WR. This drives me crazy. Even my DC can't call the right personnel.

I think the problem arises from our call tendencies. If we call alot of running plays on first down, the cpu will see that an automatically call base defense. This is a problem. They should have the right personnel out there to match up with my personnel even if i call run.

Note: What I try to do is read all (3) playcall tendenices of my opponent and figure out which formation he might come out with. ie: if all (3) are pass plays i go into nickel. But if they are mixed run and pass, I go with the one that has the higher % being called. It sucks, but sometimes you get the right personnel. That's my only work around unless someone has a better one.

Josh, Dan, and crew can we get this fixed?

Last edited by claystone; 10-06-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

That was my fear. I was hoping it was something that I had not discovered yet in the game.
That is a huge oversight and/or poor implementation.

First couple games I would use my timeouts whenever I got caught on D in one of those situations. Then I realized I was just using up my TOs within a series or two on D. I save all my TOs for red zone situations now. Which doesn't seem to matter, b/c through 5 games I've given up several 50+ yd TDs to the slot receiver while I'm in a base D on first down, or the huge run while in Dime and the CPU comes out in a power formation.

Here's hoping for another fix.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Yes...I hope this gets fixed, too.

It prohibits me from being more effective on calling 1st and 2nd down plays on defense because I'm never sure what they are fielding. I usually let the DC call plays, and on important third downs will usually do it myself and 'bet' on what the CPU will do.

More of an annoyance than a deal-breaker, but if the user is a defense-mogul, then it would drive you to drink.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I pretty much gave up calling the defense. WAAAY to frustrating. When I call the plays I can't stop the passing game at all.

I jump to supersim and sim to next possession a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
but if the user is a defense-mogul, then it would drive you to drink.
That's my problem. I'm a defense / run the ball kind of football fan.

In fact, I'd rather turn my playcalling over to the OC before I'd want to on D. But I'm giving it up to the DC for awhile to see if he will fare better at guessing the opponent's personnel.

This is a deal breaker for me. And hope there is a possibility of a fix down the road.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well I like to rock the Raiders Rover as my defensive. Its great against the run and pass because you have 8 guys in the box and instead of 3 linebackers you have 2 linebackers and 5 DB's with your fifth DB as a Rover (SS/CB). On passing down I like to switch the Rover to a cornerback but on running downs he's a safety. This defensive is great if your DB's are good at man-to-man. I haven't given up more than 20 points in a game yet and I lead the league in sacks, ints and points per game. Also, my defensive coordinator is an 87 rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »