Home

Standings bug..360..

This is a discussion on Standings bug..360.. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Standings bug..360..

I'm not sure if this has been reported at all elsewhere, but I've encountered a definite bug. I was looking at the standings in my franchise and I noticed that in the NFC West the Seahawks at 5-6 are ranked about the Rams at 6-5 in the standings. They are also ranked above them in the overall NFC standings. It's too late for me to be messing with screen caps, but perhaps tomorrow I'll snap one. This is on the 360 with the patch applied. For what it's worth, I'm not controlling either of these teams...it's just something I've come across while browsing the standings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Standings bug..360..

Two questions...

A.) Are you sure you were sorted by record or winning percentage?

B.) does this occur after week 17?

If either of these answers are No, it's not worth worrying about.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #3
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

I don't think the rankings actually mean anything.

It's just the fictional game equivalent of this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking
Old 10-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Pro

budsticky's Arena

I don't know guys. I think it's actually the standings. In the division screen the Seahawks are clearly sitting above the Rams in the standings. Plus, where it shows the overall rank in the NFL the Seahawks are listed as 14 and the Rams are listed as 20th. Could this be some sort of "Power Ranking" thing? Maybe. But the rest of the divisions are lined up perfectly via winning percentage as I look at them, and this is without me changing any sorting options of any kind....just the default view I get when I check the standings. That's why I don't think this is based on any Power Ranking type of system. I also have not changed any sorting options...I merely went into the standings screen. Again, every other division looks normal. I'll snap a couple photos when I get home from work later.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

If they have won both there games against the Rams they would technically be tied with them, and might be ahead of them in rankings based on overall points for/against.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

wait til the standing notification pops up in the clipboard for the week then check the standings again. I thought the same thing in my game but then I rechecked when the standings notification popped up and it was corrected. I think the rankings in the standings are updated when the notification goes up.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
If they have won both there games against the Rams they would technically be tied with them, and might be ahead of them in rankings based on overall points for/against.
No they wouldn't. A better record is a better record. Head to head results are only factored if the overall record are tied.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've noticed the incorrect standings as well - and yes, they seem to be correct once the "Standings" notification pops up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »