Home

*SPOILERS* Good Spread Option QB's please help

This is a discussion on *SPOILERS* Good Spread Option QB's please help within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: *SPOILERS* Good Spread Option QB's please help

Thanks mauler...I chose to go with Scott for many reasons, but one was the 'mobility' +++ on him...I like to run a LOT of PA passes and roll outs...and it seems you need a special type QB to make that work. English was GOOD at it but the cost was ALWAYS massive(2 first rounders at LEAST) so I wanted to try something different this time around.

Thanks again for the help...if he takes a couple of seasons, maybe I can keep my job while I get a few more early first rounders
Old 10-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

The Charisma Special Skill(I think) will help your aproval rating as well as predicting less wins in the "preseason promise" part.

I know what it's like to stockpile picks to only get fired, but once I pruchased that special skill I have not been fired, even after a 3-13 season.

In the next couple of drafts there are some more great QB's.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #11
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
The Charisma Special Skill(I think) will help your aproval rating as well as predicting less wins in the "preseason promise" part...
Oooh, nice tip! Yeah, I don't know about ol'Scotty...he is throwing picks...wow...in one game he threw more 'completions' to the other teams DBs than to his own recievers...

I am looking at Reno in the next draft...they talk about him so highly...maybe Scott would be a good backup for a couple of years until he 'matures' a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
MVP

In the Zazzali class there's a freak QB Marquan Adams, he has 96 THP and 97 speed. His learning is 36/65 so he is a huge project and he's just 20 years old. I took on the project with my custom Martz Spread offense and lucky for him I was a Championship team with great players at most offensive positions and a very strong coaching staff. I really cut my playbook in half and focus on "master offensive" plays during practice so by the time the 1st regualr season came along I'd have about 20 plays mastered even with his slow learning. He began rated a 68/91 POT as a balanced QB and in his 1st game he was amazing with 305 yards passing 4 TD's 3 INT's but an outstanding 217 yards rushing with 1 TD.

After 4 games he has 500 yards rushing 5 TD's, 1,050 yards passing with 11 TD's and 7 INT's but I am 3-1. When he is finished progressing with "motivation special skill he will be a 99 THP, 99 THA, 95 AWA, and 99 speed QB. His learning will probably never be above 75, but I can live with that.

His overal rating is up to 86, and just 20 years-old.

Last edited by Mauler97; 10-13-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
In case anyone else is interested in the Zazzali draft I think in 2012 I just drafted Carmelo Goldwire from UCF who is 6'5 250lbs with 86 speed, good strength, trucking, and elusiveness. He has a cannon 98 THP, with 99 pot, and his THA pot. is 94. Unfortunelty he is a slow learner, with a max of 75 and Awarness of 88.
In other words, Daunte Culpepper.

Now I just gotta find the draft that includes a projected 6th-round QB from Michigan.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by furtigan
In other words, Daunte Culpepper.

Now I just gotta find the draft that includes a projected 6th-round QB from Michigan.
LOL, Goldwire is compared to Daunte.

There's actually a few guys like Brady, I've found a handful of great QB's that are picked after the 4th round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »