Home

Who is Killing your Teams Salary Cap

This is a discussion on Who is Killing your Teams Salary Cap within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Who is Killing your Teams Salary Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazet
1st time poster, long time reader. ;D

For my Chiefs, it depends if I redo the preseason or not.

Larry Johnson murders 20 mil cap bonus.

Alphonso Boone 2 mil cap hit.
Ron Edwards 2 mil cap hit. Both are a couple of sub 77 defensive tackles. Bleh.

Hate to say it, Gonzo. In Feb, he's got one year left on a reasonable contract and you can get Atlanta's #3 for him. Afterwards, it's a good 4-5 mil hit.
Yeah, I got rid of LJ anyway even with the cap hit. Though, after cutting a few other guys as well, I got a warning from the owner that if I keep adding to next year's cap penalty, I will be fired. So cutting LJ hurts in terms of trades and cutting anyone that incurs a penalty.

It was worth it though. Got some great draft picks for him and have focused on adding players that actually WANT to be on the team (optimists, loyalists, etc).
Old 10-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

LOL man you guys are complaining about nothing.

Ive said it before, and ill post it here.

Shawn Rogers on Cleveland. 77 rated (although VERY off compared to real life). His cap hit is $5.3 million for 5 or 6 years, I forget which, and if you cut him you take a $20 million penalty.

Give me Bobby Carpenter, Dre Bly, or any TE that would give me a $4 mill cap hit. They are quite doable compared to Mr. Rogers.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'm playing the raiders too and I would love to get rid of russell. he's not my style of qb but his salary is ludicrous. i may still drop him like he's hot though i have to see how my cap is looking at the end of the year and how many high draft picks i end up with
Yeah hate Russell too, he's my back when Walter is getting paid lest than a million a year but playing way better. Every DT on the Raiders are overpaid (maybe except Kelly) and Walker and Curry are both over paid. Walker can't even learn the playbook. My leading WR is my Rookie Chad Saturday and Z. Miller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bobby Carpenter plays pretty well in a 3-4 as a balanced MLB... I picked him up as a backup for one season and he performed very well... His contract is $1 mil a year and i can definitely live with paying an 85 OVR player that much
Old 11-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Jonas Jennings is a completely worthless blob. He's my backup guard, and he makes more than both starting tackles, my LG, and my center COMBINED.

Michael Lewis (Safety) also sucks hard, 4 million, and a penalty of 10 million to be my 3rd safety. Isaac Sopoaga (DT) isn't great either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »