Home

It seems Coach Now....

This is a discussion on It seems Coach Now.... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
It seems Coach Now....

It seems you get a more "Realistic" gameplay in Coach Now. The reason i'm seeing is that we are playing with existing coaches and we are not applying points to them. Our players are not turning into superman.

Could this be the answer to getting a true realistic game in career mode. Just take on an existing coach and play through the whole season without any points added at all. The only points would be to your OC/DC for playcalling only. Of course our famous trainers.

I know people were stating that the other coaches from other teams were progressing, but it didn't seem like it to me. When we applied our points, our team would kick the crap out of stronger teams. How can that be if the stronger teams coach was also progressing? I think they are not progressing, just us, because we are applying the coaches skill points.

When hiring a new coach, just make sure he is rated 50 and below. The only coach higher should be OC/DC for playcalling ability and trainer. If you have a talented team, they should win.

Just wanted to pass this on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: It seems Coach Now....

I tend to agree with you clay.....how even do we know if they progress or not. We can't see anything on the coachs other than when we play, and that is only a knowledge bar.

I think this is why we have the niners, fins, lions, etc, going to the superbowl and winning. The coachs (us), have increased to the point that we are better than most of the coachs in the game. Also, I think the coaching system as is has too much effect on the players. Even Josh (or one of the others), said you get about a 5-10 pt boost.

So...as some has said, do you play by "house rules", and not upgrading until years end....then if you don't make the required approval rating you are out. Sort of between a rock and a hard place.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
I tend to agree with you clay.....how even do we know if they progress or not. We can't see anything on the coachs other than when we play, and that is only a knowledge bar.

I think this is why we have the niners, fins, lions, etc, going to the superbowl and winning. The coachs (us), have increased to the point that we are better than most of the coachs in the game. Also, I think the coaching system as is has too much effect on the players. Even Josh (or one of the others), said you get about a 5-10 pt boost.

So...as some has said, do you play by "house rules", and not upgrading until years end....then if you don't make the required approval rating you are out. Sort of between a rock and a hard place.

You can take on an existing coach and never add points at all. What you can do is hire a "real" good OC/DC for playcalling. Hire a "Real" good trainer for injuries. The rest of the coaching staff you keep. Now lets say your QB coach is a rated 1. Well next offseason hire another one that would be no higher than a 50 rated. Same goes for the other position coaches. OC/DC & Trainers are the most important i believe.

If your players are really good, they should win games. This is how i would play. It was actually fun playing a game in coach now and seeing how a team should play.

We've tried everything in this game. This can't hurt. Any thoughts?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
Banned

The fun for me in this game is putting together a good team with good players and making deals. And watching my hand pick players become probowlers. I really could care less about the skill points. I'm affraid if i apply points, my QB becomes T. Brady...lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »