Home

Anyone else seeing this? (punting related)

This is a discussion on Anyone else seeing this? (punting related) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Anyone else seeing this? (punting related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Why is that the case? Why is super sim giving more a realistic stat numbers? It's the same programming, is it not?
I don't think the programming is the same. When playing (or not simming I should say since you never really play), collision detection, physics (no matter how flawed they may be), AI, collision detection are coming into play. It's basically the same as watching the CPU play itself. When supersimming, the game just calculates probabilities based on all the variables and determines an outcome. The supersim results are not hampered by physics, animations, collision detection, etc. It's pure probability math.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFer
I have seen no improvement in learning with any special teams play. And I have seen the option to practice special teams plays a few times, with no improvement after practice.
That's exactly what I'm seeing. And if the bad punting is a function of all the punting plays being unlearned, I'm not sure it can be fixed.

Just wondering if is anyone able to kick consistently over 40 yards? Most punters average well in the 40s, yet Brad Maynard (who's rated an 87, I believe) is averaging in the low 30s for me.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

im pretty sure one of the devs said that play knowledge is turned off for special teams. so i dont its hurting you that your punting plays are 100% unlearned. im having the same problem with maynard too, but it helped a little when i turned up punt power in the sliders. ive had a few 40-43 yard punts since then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 AM   #12
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah, the devs definitely said that all Special Teams plays stay at unlearned. They did this because of some problems that would have been caused due to missed assignments on special teams (ie. tons of blocked kicks).
The punting problem is universal though. nobody kicks it more than 40 yards, and usually only low 30s.
How did you practice punting though? I have never heard that there is an option for that. And the fact that learning is turned off for special teams it wouldn't even make sense to have that option.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
How did you practice punting though?
I saw the option a lot while playing as the Bears, have not seen it yet while with the Dolphins.
It 's not a play knowledge option though, its a game performance option.
Punting, kick offs and returns were always a part of the recap.

btw, through 6 games of the season, my punter is averaging 31.5 yards per punt. I am now jumping to super sims for punts, and punt returns.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFer
I saw the option a lot while playing as the Bears, have not seen it yet while with the Dolphins.
It 's not a play knowledge option though, its a game performance option.
Punting, kick offs and returns were always a part of the recap.

btw, through 6 games of the season, my punter is averaging 31.5 yards per punt. I am now jumping to super sims for punts, and punt returns.
I noticed that on long punts he seems to shank it up a bit short (out around the 30 or so) and on short punts he always seems to blast it into the endzone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »