Home

Anyone else seeing this? (punting related)

This is a discussion on Anyone else seeing this? (punting related) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anyone else seeing this? (punting related)

My punter (Brad Maynard) would only punt in the 30-36yd range. I don't ever recall seeing a punt 40 yds or over. It was getting so bad with me and costing me so much field position I had to release him and sign another punter, who was rated an 87 in kick power.

Long story short, this guy was having the same problems. But then I noticed that all of the punting plays were "unlearned". So I started to run punting drills in practice, and when I would check the practice report, all of the punting plays were still at 100% unlearned.

I'm at a loss. Anyone else see this or have any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone else seeing this? (punting related)

Yes....got the same problem with my Viks. Only avg about 35 yd punt....not counting the return...so about 30 yd net. Found if I sim the punt....I'am ok.

How did you even practice the punt plays....I have never seem them come up in my playbook.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes, I've seen the same thing. Simming doesn't seem to be a problem.

When practice comes up, you sometimes get an option to practice punts and kick coverage, but that doesn't seem to bump up the play knowledge, which may be causing the problem.

Between this, the uneven running game (cpu, human), and the lack of a good pass rush, I think supersimming the game might be more of true sim experience than playing the games out.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJColossal
Yes, I've seen the same thing. Simming doesn't seem to be a problem.

When practice comes up, you sometimes get an option to practice punts and kick coverage, but that doesn't seem to bump up the play knowledge, which may be causing the problem.

Between this, the uneven running game (cpu, human), and the lack of a good pass rush, I think supersimming the game might be more of true sim experience than playing the games out.

Why is that the case? Why is super sim giving more a realistic stat numbers? It's the same programming, is it not?

I wish Josh and the ctew can expand on this.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Rookie

I kind of think it's the limitation of the graphics engine. Take the animation of d lineman, getting knocked completely on his *** by the o-line repeatedly. This is why I think sack totals are on the low side when you play out the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJColossal
I kind of think it's the limitation of the graphics engine. Take the animation of d lineman, getting knocked completely on his *** by the o-line repeatedly. This is why I think sack totals are on the low side when you play out the games.

Well I made a thread about my QB playing center, and he was man handling DT. There seems to be a problem with the lineman blocking d-lineman.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Well I made a thread about my QB playing center, and he was man handling DT. There seems to be a problem with the lineman blocking d-lineman.
you should try this in super sim and see how they fair

Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have seen no improvement in learning with any special teams play. And I have seen the option to practice special teams plays a few times, with no improvement after practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »