Home

Old 10-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
I'm back!

Back at work after a great wedding and honeymoon!

Anything I need to know?

Did the patch work pretty well for everyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I'm back!

There have been some findings of bugs. Some listed in the bug thread, some in normal posts.

Changing playbook bug is still there
( on ps3 ) it doesn't show up in the clipboard to change playbooks. It is only at the coach hiring screen as an option to raise interest.

Even then if no other teams are making an offer to that OC/DC, it goes right to the Hire / Dont hire. Basically not letting you click that option ( if it comes up even as an option of interest )

Is it possible also in the future to allow an option to disable the coaching advantage bar? It is blocking replays when they are shown, slows down the play by play ticker ( it is behind a good 2 plays at times ).

Also, doing games, if i let my OC and DC call plays, sometimes when i go to use a boost, the boost screen is automatically cancelled to go to the play on the field at the time. Same with using instant replay in this setting.

Found a big bug with time outs too. You can pretty much call unlimited TOs through the game. I think i explained this in the bug thread. If not then, right after the play is whistled, if you bring up the clipboard and hit TO, it won't register as a TO being taken away from you but the clock will stop. I can do this all game and evey game I play.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Welcome back! Glad to hear everything went well with the wedding.

The patch has worked well for me. I had not played the game in a week or so but I got back to it the other night. I forgot how much fun and how easy it is to get sucked into the game. All of a sudden it was 2 in the morning. I definitely like being able to call plays in the 2 minute drill. I have already made it farther in my Head Coach career than I have in any Madden franchise on the 360.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Welcome back Josh =] Hope you had a good time.

Apparently the online servers are down, people have been unable to download plays.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Two things that i think need to be looked at still involve the CPU AI.

The CPU (opposing) teams defenses are still very very tought o run against. It's a combination of the defensive players knowing exactly what the play is and the Offensive (player controlled) linemen not sticking to the correct blocking assignments. Many players on the forums are still posting that they are having to use "trick" plays just to get decent yards per carry for their HB/FB.

The second thing is the Officiating. I can't tell u how many times I have had a fumble that the refs called and when i went to lookat the instant replay, they player was clearly down before the ball comes loose yet it comes up that the call on the field stands. Or, an opposing player will catch a ballincredibly close to the sidelines and when I watch the instant replay, he will catch it with 1 foot out of bounds, sometimes 2 yet when I challenge, the call on the field is upheld. Can this be looked into? I know it may seem minor but this is a truly frustrating situation to have to deal with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Welcome Back Josh:

Just want to get somethings squared away......it was said on the forum that even if your head coach has a 4 or 5 in strategy or playcalling and you have your Offensive Playbook Control set to the Head Coach...that everything is still based off the Offensive Coordinators abilities....even if my coordinator has a 1 or a 2 in these same catagories they will call plays and setup strategy based based off the Off. Coordinator.....I need to know if this is the accurate info....and if so....what about special skills given to your head coach do they have any affect on what happens during a play on the field.....and if they do....what are the most important special skills to start off with as a created head coach being that the rating is always around 13 and 14
Old 10-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

hello Josh

I am really glad that you had a nice wedding, congratulations man! I want to commend you guys on making such a wonderful game. It truly is amazing, and I thank you. I have a couple of questions that would really help me out alot.

First of all I want to ask about the 'prototype' philosophy. I understand that it will probably be impossible to explain everything. From what I understand now, prototype is similar to balanced, but it is more concerned with size and the physical aspects as well. Am I on the right track with my thinking?

Second question. Do you generally get more points by supersimming games or by actually playing them? I love this game, but I really enjoy the managerial aspect rather than playing the actual games.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

The man to hopefully provide an answer/solution to my problem. I haven't found a consistent answer on here, but I have the patch and I'm in the second season of my franchise (started before the patch) with the Falcons. Even though I've gone into the Play Creator after the patch, I still don't get injuries or any fatigue to the players.

Do I need to start my franchise over or is there a way to continue and get the fatigue/injuries to start functioning.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »