Home

Your thoughts on Jack English

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on Jack English within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #17
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Your thoughts on Jack English

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Brady has played without a great recieving corp. Brees has bush who is aright but not a great player but I dont see who you are saying the other good players there are. Did you mean Lance Moore? Devrey Henderson? Robert Meachum? those have been his recievers. Cant remember who his TE was without shocky but noone that good. Ryan has been winning with just a running back and the rest are nothing stellar. Delhomme I forgot to mention but he was playing great even without smith. Edwards has Evans and Lynch but I wouldnt put Evans on the same level as TO, they have noone even near Witten, and Lynch is great but he is no Barber Jones combo. Also, their line has some real problems. Eli played well without Plax and I dont really think you can put Boss up there with Witten or Amani up there with TO.
All those team have pretty good WRs. Ryans got 1 Very Good WR and another pretty good 1.Delhomme played 1 OK game and 1 Horrible game with out smith.Edwards has Lee Evens who is a great Wr and Josh Reed whos a pretty good WR and the RB have been good WRs to both with more than 15 rec for more than 110 yrds.And the Cowboys line hasnt been horrible for 4 weeks? S.Smith and A.Toomer are better WRs than P.Crayton and M.Austin. And wanna know something that all those teams have thats better than Dallas?A DEFENSE. Everyone of those teams has played better defense than the Cowboys who are 27 In PA.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
All those team have pretty good WRs. Ryans got 1 Very Good WR and another pretty good 1.Delhomme played 1 OK game and 1 Horrible game with out smith.Edwards has Lee Evens who is a great Wr and Josh Reed whos a pretty good WR and the RB have been good WRs to both with more than 15 rec for more than 110 yrds.And the Cowboys line hasnt been horrible for 4 weeks? S.Smith and A.Toomer are better WRs than P.Crayton and M.Austin. And wanna know something that all those teams have thats better than Dallas?A DEFENSE. Everyone of those teams has played better defense than the Cowboys who are 27 In PA.
First, I wouldnt call Roddy white a really great reciever, good at best but he wouldnt make the top ten in the league. Same with evans. I will give you that dallas has had troubles with defense this year especially with their secondary. The cowboys line cant be too bad cause their backs seem to find room to run behind them. If tony cant get by with them that is his problem. Its alright though, if dallas does end up making the playoffs this year, which is not exactly a sure thing, I bet tony will double and maybe even triple his career playoff win total.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #19
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

Quote:
First, I wouldnt call Roddy white a really great reciever, good at best but he wouldnt make the top ten in the league. Same with evans. I will give you that dallas has had troubles with defense this year especially with their secondary. The cowboys line cant be too bad cause their backs seem to find room to run behind them. If tony cant get by with them that is his problem. Its alright though, if dallas does end up making the playoffs this year, which is not exactly a sure thing, I bet tony will double and maybe even triple his career playoff win total.
I said White was a very good Wr and he is and evans is better than just a good WR.The line hasnt played good the last 3-4 weeks they wre playin good the first 3 games.And at this point I dont see the Boys makin the playoffs with how this teams beens playin,and at this point we only have about 10 players that play with heart all the others think they're better then they are which you can blame Wade for that.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #20
MVP

I still wouldnt put either of those 2 among the top 10 in the game today or anything. Not even really that close so I would think it would be tough to call either any more than just a good wide out.
I dont think you can blame all those problems on wade. I know everyone wants to blame the coach when teams lose but some of the players had attitude problems that were known before they were brought onboard and the media has really done quite a bit to inflate the egos of a lot of the cowboys players.
Romo is a great example of this which may be why I look at him as being a little lower level QB than most people consider him to be. Romo had 19 picks last year and everyone ignored that and talked him up like he was the next great QB.
Eli Manning even after winning the superbowl was still talked about as never going to be very good based on his throwing 20 picks last year. Kitna has always been held out of the ranks of "good" quarterbacks because of his interceptions, he had just one more than Tony last year. Rivers was still pretty harshly questioned after throwing 15. People always talk about how McNabb doesnt win big because of his poor decision making and he has never thrown more than 13. Rex in 06 when he started and everyone talked about how bad he was he only threw 20, just one more than Romo last year. Even Croyle and Huard only totaled 19 interceptions
Old 10-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #21
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

Quote:
I still wouldnt put either of those 2 among the top 10 in the game today or anything. Not even really that close so I would think it would be tough to call either any more than just a good wide out.
I dont think you can blame all those problems on wade. I know everyone wants to blame the coach when teams lose but some of the players had attitude problems that were known before they were brought onboard and the media has really done quite a bit to inflate the egos of a lot of the cowboys players.
Romo is a great example of this which may be why I look at him as being a little lower level QB than most people consider him to be. Romo had 19 picks last year and everyone ignored that and talked him up like he was the next great QB.
Eli Manning even after winning the superbowl was still talked about as never going to be very good based on his throwing 20 picks last year. Kitna has always been held out of the ranks of "good" quarterbacks because of his interceptions, he had just one more than Tony last year. Rivers was still pretty harshly questioned after throwing 15. People always talk about how McNabb doesnt win big because of his poor decision making and he has never thrown more than 13. Rex in 06 when he started and everyone talked about how bad he was he only threw 20, just one more than Romo last year. Even Croyle and Huard only totaled 19 interceptions
Differnce is that T.Romo threw 13 more TDs than eli and 15 more than rivers and a PCT% of 64.4, 8 points higher than eli and 4 point higher than river.The QB RAT wasnt even close Romo 97 was 15 higher than rivers and 24 higher than eli. And people proy add in that it was his first year starting. Look at P.Mannings first 2 years 28 INTs than 15. Than 15 and then 23 in his first 4 years he threw ALOT of INTs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 01:10 AM   #22
MVP

While I realize his other stats are better it is just something to look at. As long as a guy is averaging over 1 int per game on a team that is winning and isnt being forced to throw there is definatly reason for some concern.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

So, it's been a while. Thanks again for all your suggestions. I took some advice, and here's how it turned out
Spoiler

So now I go into 2010 with 4 picks in day 1 and a team built for the future...not to mention over 15mil in cap space

Thanks again for the advice, guys!

Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
Vince Lombardi
Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeeyes
So, it's been a while. Thanks again for all your suggestions. I took some advice, and here's how it turned out
Spoiler

So now I go into 2010 with 4 picks in day 1 and a team built for the future...not to mention over 15mil in cap space

Thanks again for the advice, guys!
Interesting... got a very nice building block there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »