Home

Josh or Don, could you please explain how special skills affect attributes

This is a discussion on Josh or Don, could you please explain how special skills affect attributes within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Josh or Don, could you please explain how special skills affect attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower
If you go into the players folder where it tells his season stats, personality, etc...there is a screen that tells his abilities, and how many points he needs to go up. Maybe he has maxed out in those areas. If so, he will never go up in speed, agility, etc.
Well he's maxed out at Speed, but he can gain 4 more rating points for agility, but he hasn't gained any progression points in either category. I know what your saying, for example Dan Morrow has a MAX THP of 97 but he can still gain thousands of points and if you then buy the "motivation" special skill he will them be 99, Morrow is also a good example since he is 58 for speed but has a max of 72 but he also won't gain any points.

Hey Purple Power how can the Vikes score 41 points and lose??? It's time they hired me to be Head Coach, I've coached several Super Bowl Champions and had a 19-0 Season, do you think this game counts as Head Coaching experience?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Well he's maxed out at Speed, but he can gain 4 more rating points for agility, but he hasn't gained any progression points in either category. I know what your saying, for example Dan Morrow has a MAX THP of 97 but he can still gain thousands of points and if you then buy the "motivation" special skill he will them be 99, Morrow is also a good example since he is 58 for speed but has a max of 72 but he also won't gain any points.

Hey Purple Power how can the Vikes score 41 points and lose??? It's time they hired me to be Head Coach, I've coached several Super Bowl Champions and had a 19-0 Season, do you think this game counts as Head Coaching experience?
five turnovers will do that to a team.

a better question is how did we force 5 turnovers and you guys still managed to score 41?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSupreme
five turnovers will do that to a team.

a better question is how did we force 5 turnovers and you guys still managed to score 41?
Doug you are actually right on with that, expecially since the Bears have a great defense and we just score 13 against the Lions. You can never really predict what will happen on "Any Given Sunday"

Since your obviously a Bears fan I have to give you guys huge props for going with Orton, he is a very good QB and I think will just keep getting better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have found that the coaches that max out player performance have a big impact. I find that for QBs this especially affects the TD/INT ratio.

Something else I am not sure about, is whether the strategy bumps help in the second half. I know that before I raised it, I had this perception that the game started out well, but got worse as things wore on. But when I bumped strategy, things stayed more level.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

I remember seeing the score board for that game I was like: "Vikings 41 points, boy did they just spanked the Bears' A.....48 points!?!?! LOL!!!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »