Home

In Game Emotional Responses

This is a discussion on In Game Emotional Responses within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
In Game Emotional Responses

Ok it is key game component. But where does one look on one's player roster to see exactly how you should react for each player. Which attitude attribute is the key? I hate this guesses...be wrong...lose points. Or worse have the same player react differently to your same emotional reaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: In Game Emotional Responses

Not sure but what i do is write down.

Like if my QB gets a "what a play!", he gets a positive from a emo response. Yet if he "scores a TD", he gets a positive from a calm response.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

OVR: 3

I simply go with whatever I feel like, usually calm. It isn't a big deal unless maybe a player gets really unhappy with you.

I say don't worry with it.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweaks
I simply go with whatever I feel like, usually calm. It isn't a big deal unless maybe a player gets really unhappy with you.

I say don't worry with it.
Same thing I do. It is, at most, a 3 point approval swing on an individual player, which is not much when dealing with an average of the entire team. I take the multiple-player ones a bit more seriously, but I usually just go with my own personal reaction anyway. If something happens that gets me to pump my fist in the air, I'll probably do an emotional one.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

By and large on my team (Seahawks), the defense GENERALLY prefers calm reactions, unless they recover a fumble, a pick, or a defensive score. TFL's and stuff mostly just 'calm'. But Julian Peterson goes back and forth, drives me nuts LOL.

I do like to bark at my kicker when he misses an easy FG or XPA...I don't care if it hurts his feelings or not LOL. I also start woofing at WR's after two drops instead of three.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

My philosophy on the emotion part of the game is basically to ignore it. By that I mean to ignore in much the same way I do when I'm actually on the sideline. You can't control how a player will react to you and it really shouldn't matter. I also don't buy too much into the player approval system in that a player going up or down +/-5 points on me isn't going to make much of a difference to me. Yes, I know it may make a difference when it's time to negotiate contracts but as far as the game itself goes, I don't consider it a major factor in the win-loss column so I do not devote a lot of time to it as a coach.

Basically, I just let it ride knowing that some players will be happy some will get upset and they will do both erratically no matter how I react so I focus on winning the game. Like Madden says, winning is the best deodorant!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 12

when I first started playing the game, I used to try to "learn" each guy, and then react such that I'd get a favorable response from them. But now I don't really care. Now, I just react the way I would in real life, and if some of the players don't like it, well that's their problem. The negative approval hit you take on unfavorable reactions is fairly small anyway, even if you have a whole game full of them. And I figure if a guy's approval of me gets really low because of my reactions, then maybe he's just not a good fit for my team and we can trade him or release him, or just let him refuse to re-sign. It's really nothing to worry about though in the grand scheme of things, imo.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:58 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

if you really want to get an idea of how they will react, check out thier personality type on the player card. some of the traits listed hint at how they would react.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »